We are happy to announce that job monitoring and job view have been added into the Azure Data Lake Tools for Visual Studio Code. Now, you can perform real-time monitoring for the jobs you submit. You can also view job summary and job details for historical jobs as well as download any of the input or output data and resources files associated with the job.
Key Customer Benefits
- Monitor job progress in real-time within VSCode for both local and ADL jobs.
- Display job summary and data details for historical jobs.
- Resubmit previously run Enable jobs resubmission for an old job.
- Download job inputs, outputs and resource data files.
- View the job U-SQL script for a submitted job.
Summary of key new features
Job View Page: Display job summary and job progress within VSCode.
- Data Page: Display job input, output and resources files. Support file download.
- Show Historical Jobs: Use command ADL: Show Jobs for both local and ADL historical jobs.
- Set Default Context: Use command ADL: Set Default Context to set default context for current working folder.
How to install or update
Install Visual Studio Code and download Mono 4.2.x for Linux and Mac. Then get the latest Azure Data Lake Tools by going to the VSCode Extension repository or the VSCode Marketplace and searching Azure Data Lake Tools.
For more information about Azure Data Lake Tool for VSCode, please use the following resources:
If you have questions, feedback, comments, or bug reports, please use the comments below or send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.