3 min read
Imagine getting more from your VMware workloads by easily extending them to the cloud—and optimizing your costs in the process. Azure VMware Solution, a jointly engineered Microsoft and VMware service, makes this possible.
Azure VMware Solution lets you run your VMware infrastructure natively on Azure. Migrating your on-premises VMware investments and skills to Azure allows you to:
- Quickly scale, automate, and modernize your VMware workloads.
- Continue using your favorite VMware tools in the cloud, including VMware vSphere, vSAN, and vCenter.
- Improve your disaster recovery, business resiliency, and VMware application performance.
- Take advantage of Azure management, security, and compliance services.
- Respond more quickly to the needs of your customers.
- Reduce your IT infrastructure spending.
To show you how simple transitioning to Azure VMware Solution is and highlight the product’s capabilities, Microsoft and VMware are hosting an Azure VMware Solution digital event on Wednesday, March 23, 2022, from 9:00 AM to 11:30 AM Pacific Time.
Register now for this free event to:
1. Get product insights directly from customers
Find out how organizations significantly enhanced their VMware infrastructure with Azure VMware Solution in these customer interviews during the event keynote:
- Learn how the University of Miami—which houses one of the nation’s leading oceanographic institutes and operates in a region known for hurricanes—strengthened its disaster recovery strategy and increased its IT flexibility while reducing costs.
- Hear how Carhartt, the global premium workwear brand, increased its workload reliability and delivered easy-to-manage, secure digital workspaces to its employees.
2. See Azure VMware Solution in action
Watch demos of how to migrate your on-premises VMware workloads to the cloud and how to optimize, scale, and automate them there.
3. Take a technical deep dive into the product
Join breakout sessions and instructor-led workshops on topics including:
- Learning your way around the Azure VMware Solution architecture.
- Understanding the enterprise-scale landing zone considerations.
- Deploying and connecting to a private cloud with Azure VMware Solution.
- Protecting your data and managing disaster recovery using Azure VMware Solution with VMware Site Recovery Manager.
- Simplifying your workload migration to Azure with VMware HCX.
4. Learn about product updates, best practices, and cost-saving programs
Hear from Microsoft and VMware leaders including:
- Kathleen Mitford, CVP, Azure Marketing, Microsoft.
- Eric Lockard, CVP, Azure Dedicated, Microsoft.
- Sumit Dhawan, President, VMware.
- Mark Lohmeyer, SVP and GM, Cloud Infrastructure Business Group, VMware.
5. Get answers to your technical questions
Ask the product experts your questions about migrating and operating your VMware infrastructure natively on Azure in the live chat Q and A.
Join us on March 23, 2022, to get to know Azure VMware Solution better, hear advice and insights from customers, engage with product insiders, and explore how to quickly and cost-effectively move your VMware investments to the cloud.
Check out the keynotes and event sessions
Beginning at 9:00 AM Pacific Time:
Keynote featuring Microsoft and VMware leadership and customers.
Join Kathleen Mitford (CVP, Microsoft Azure) and Sumit Dhawan (President, VMware) in conversation with Azure VMware Solution customers.
Special guest speakers from:
- University of Miami
Product Update and Real-World Demo
Get insider info from Sue Hartford (Director of Product Marketing, Microsoft Azure), Eric Lockard (CVP, Microsoft Azure), Mark Lohmeyer (SVP and GM, VMware), and Joe Sarabia (Principal Program Manager). See Azure VMware Solution in action!
Beginning at 10:25 AM Pacific Time:
Azure VMware Solution
Session by Ram Gowrishankar (Partner Group Program Manager, Microsoft)
Session by Trevor Davis (Senior Technical Specialist, Microsoft) and Emad Younis (Director, Multi-Cloud Center of Excellence, VMware)
Disaster recovery with Azure VMware Solution
Session by Saravanan Manickam (Program Manager, Microsoft)
AVS: Offers to accelerate Azure migration and modernization
Session by Vinoo Srinivas Murali (Director of Business Strategy, Microsoft)
Automating onboarding of Azure VMware Solution
Session by Prasad Gandham (Principal Program Manager, Microsoft) and Sapna Jeswani (Principal Program Manager, Microsoft)
Hands-On Workshop: Azure VMware Solution private cloud deployment and connectivity
Hands-On Workshop: Disaster protection with Azure VMware Solution and VMware Site Recovery Manager
Hands-On Workshop: Azure VMware Solution workload migration with VMware HCX
Microsoft Learn Live: Prepare to migrate VMware workloads to Azure by deploying Azure VMware Solution
Microsoft Learn Live: Deploy disaster recovery using VMware Site Recovery Manager and Azure VMware Solution
Tutorials with Microsoft Senior Cloud Advocates Amy Colyer and Pierre Roman
We hope to see you there!
Extend to the Cloud with Azure VMware Solution
Wednesday, March 23, 2022
9:00 AM to 11:30 AM Pacific Time
Delivered in partnership with VMware.