Azure Cloud Shell: New CLI tools added and font-size selection
Veröffentlichungsdatum: 21 September, 2017
Microsoft routinely maintains and updates Azure Cloud Shell, which includes commonly used CLI tools—Linux shell interpreters, Azure tools, text editors, source control, build tools, container tools, database tools, and more.
Over the last few months, we added the following CLI tools to the Bash environment:
- AzCopy: Copy data to and from Microsoft Azure Blob, File, and Table storage by using simple commands with optimal performance.
- Sqlcmd utility: Enter Transact-SQL statements, system procedures, and script files at the command line.
- Batch Shipyard: Provision and execute batch processing and HPC Docker workloads on Azure Batch compute pools.
- Helm: Manage Kubernetes charts, which are packages of pre-configured Kubernetes resources.
Additionally, Cloud Shell now includes support for Terraform and Cloud Foundry with the addition of the following CLI tools:
- Terraform: Microsoft announced deeper integration to make Terraform a first-class experience on Azure. Cloud Shell now includes Terraform and automatically authenticates to use it with your Azure account.
- Cloud Foundry CLI: Microsoft joined the Cloud Foundry Foundation as a Gold Member. To make Cloud Foundry even easier to use on Azure, we added the Cloud Foundry CLI.
Last, we recently added font-size selection to the Cloud Shell toolbar in the Azure portal.