INTEL CORPORATION profile is not available in Norsk. The information is available in English (US).
Microsoft and Intel offer an enterprise class, consistent platform across private, hybrid and Azure public cloud. We work closely together to optimize the latest Intel Cloud Technologies on the Azure platform. Whether users are running Microsoft built or 3rd party applications, customers can take advantage of industry standard Intel® Xeon® processor based compute and storage.
Intel Cloud Technologies deliver performance and reliability that can handle data-demanding and transaction-intensive applications including advanced analytics, seasonal bursting, marketing campaigns, and other business-critical services. Some of the Intel technologies and features included in Azure are:
- Intel Xeon* processor E5 v3 family is a veritable data center workhorse with the flexibility and versatility to be optimized for the most demanding workloads. This powerful processor also includes foundational technology that delivers exceptional overall performance and processing efficiency. The processor’s high throughput is particularly ideal for distributed environments and the parallel processing, enabling accelerated time to insights from both structured and unstructured data.
- Intel Turbo Boost Technology temporarily gives you smart, adaptive performance boosts on demand for peak processing and graphics needs.
- Intel Advanced Vector Extensions 2 (Intel AVX2) delivers faster computing, modeling, and rendering for high-volume, high-memory-capacity, and high-throughput workloads such as high-performance computing, financial analytics, animation, and technical and scientific applications.
- Intel Data Protection Technology with Advanced Encryption Standard–New Instructions (AES-NI) is Intel’s optimized hardware-based instruction set, built on top of the most widely used encryption standard to enhance data security by accelerating encryption without compromising performance.
- Secure Key - provides hardware assist to the virtualization software for secure supercomputing.
- Intel Message Passing Interface (MPI) is available on Azure A8-A9 instances, users can scale easily and take advantage of advanced networking features such as RDMA to run true HPC applications