New filters experience is available in Power BI Embedded
Published date: August 14, 2019
When designing your report, you no longer see the old Filters pane at all in the Visualizations pane. You do all your filter editing and formatting in a single Filters pane.
As a report designer, here's what you can do in the new single Filters pane:
- Add and remove fields to filter on.
- Change the filter state.
- Format and customize the Filters pane so that it feels part of your report.
- Define whether the Filters pane is open or collapsed by default when a consumer opens the report.
- Hide the entire Filters pane or specific filters that you don’t want report consumers to see.
- Control and even bookmark the visibility, open, and collapsed state of the new Filters pane.
- Lock filters that you don’t want consumers to edit.
With the new filter experience, report consumers can also hover over any visual to see a read-only list of all the filters or slicers affecting that visual.