Automation: Graphical authoring improvements June 2015
Posted on Wednesday, June 24, 2015
We are continually improving the Graphical Authoring feature in Azure Automation to make authoring easier. Here are features just released:
- Activity parameter configuration functionality was combined into fewer blades to make the actions more efficient.
- In activity parameter configuration, new data sources are available: variable, credential, connection, and certificate assets. This eliminates the need to use extra activities in the runbook to get these values.
- In the test pane, input parameter values are saved so that you can reuse them between tests.
- In the test pane, the test job status and any exceptions are shown in a separate window from the runbook output.
- When you define the input parameters for a runbook, you have two more types to select from: Int64 and Decimal.
- The activities and links in the canvas can be deleted by using a right-click context menu.
- Runbook input parameters as a data source for activity parameter configuration
- Export and import graphical runbooks to allow you to store and share them
- In tests, get information on the input and output for each activity to help debugging
- Configure an activity to checkpoint the workflow when the activity finishes
- Choose to run tests on a hybrid worker for faster testing
- Easily create link conditions with a UX helper
- Graphical runbook samples in the automation gallery