Distributed systems enable different areas of a business to build specific applications to support their needs and drive insight and innovation. While great for the business, this new normal can result in development inefficiencies when the same systems are reimplemented multiple times. This free e-book provides repeatable, generic patterns, and reusable components to make developing reliable systems easier and more efficient—so you can free your time to focus on core development of your app.
In this 160–page e-book, you’ll find:
- An introduction to distributed system concepts.
- Reusable patterns and practices for building distributed systems.
- Exploration of a platform for integrating applications, data sources, business partners, clients, mobile apps, social networks, and Internet of Things devices.
- Event-driven architectures for processing and reacting to events in real time.
- Additional resources for learning more about containers and container orchestration systems.
“There are more distributed systems that need to be built than there are people who know how to build them. The development and sharing of patterns for building distributed systems (especially in container orchestration technology like Kubernetes) enables both novice and veteran system builders to rapidly build and deploy reliable distributed systems.”
About the author: Brendan Burns, Distinguished Engineer at Microsoft, works on Azure and is cofounder of the Kubernetes project.