Hybrid data integration simplified
Rehost SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) in a few clicks and build ETL and ELT pipelines code-free, with built-in Git and CI/CD support.
Enjoy a pay-as-you-go, fully managed serverless cloud service that scales on demand.
Ingest all your on-premises, and software as a service (SaaS) data with more than 90 built-in connectors. Orchestrate and monitor at scale.
Use autonomous ETL to unlock operational efficiencies and enable citizen integrators.
Accelerate data transformation with code-free data flows
Data Factory provides a data integration and transformation layer that works across your digital transformation initiatives.
- Enable citizen integrators and data engineers to drive business and IT led Analytics/BI.
- Prepare data, construct ETL and ELT processes, and orchestrate and monitor pipelines code-free. The managed Apache Spark™ service takes care of code generation and maintenance.
- Transform faster with intelligent intent-driven mapping that automates copy activities.
Rehost and extend SSIS in a few clicks
Azure Data Factory can help organizations looking to modernize SSIS.
- Realize up to 88 percent cost savings with the Azure Hybrid Benefit.
- Enjoy the only fully compatible service that makes it easy to move all your SSIS packages to the cloud.
- Migration is easy with the deployment wizard and ample how-to documentation.
- Realize your vision for hybrid big data and data warehousing initiatives by combining with Data Factory cloud data pipelines.
Ingest all your data with built-in connectors
Ingesting data from diverse and multiple sources can be expensive, time consuming and require multiple solutions. Azure Data Factory offers a single, pay-as-you-go service. You can:
- Choose from more than 90 built-in connectors to acquire data from Big Data sources like Amazon Redshift, Google BigQuery, HDFS; enterprise data warehouses like Oracle Exadata, Teradata; SaaS apps like Salesforce, Marketo, and ServiceNow; and all Azure data services.
- Use the full capacity of underlying network bandwidth, up to 5 GB/s throughput.
Get the most out of Azure Synapse Analytics
Ingest data from on-premises, hybrid, and multicloud sources and transform it with powerful data flows in Azure Synapse Analytics, powered by Data Factory.
- Integrate and transform data in the familiar Data Factory experience within Azure Synapse Pipelines
- Transform and analyze data code-free with Data flows within the Azure Synapse studio.
- Integrate all your data with more than 90 built-in connectors.
Ignite your app experiences with the right data
Data Factory can help independent software vendors (ISVs) enrich their SaaS apps with integrated hybrid data as to deliver data-driven user experiences. Pre-built connectors and integration at scale enable you to focus on your users while Data Factory takes care of the rest.
Orchestrate, monitor, and manage pipeline performance
Maintaining pipelines with a rapidly changing data landscape can quickly become time-consuming, involving manual interventions. In Azure Data Factory, you can not only monitor all your activity runs visually, you can also improve operational productivity by setting up alerts proactively to monitor your pipelines. These alerts can then appear within Azure alert groups, ensuring that you’re notified in time to prevent downstream or upstream problems before they happen.
Hybrid data integration, simplified
In today’s data-driven world, big data processing is a critical task for every organization. To unlock transformational insights, data engineers need services that are built to simplify ETL as well as handle the complexities and scale challenges of big data integration.
With Azure Data Factory, it’s fast and easy to build code-free or code-centric ETL and ELT processes. In this scenario, learn how to create code-free pipelines within an intuitive visual environment.
Comprehensive security and compliance, built in
Microsoft invests more than $1 billion annually on cybersecurity research and development.
We employ more than 3,500 security experts who are dedicated to data security and privacy.
Pay only for what you need, with no upfront cost
Explore a range of cloud data integration capabilities to fit your scale, infrastructure, compatibility, performance, and budget needs. Options include managed SSIS for seamless migration of SQL Server projects to the cloud and large-scale, serverless data pipelines for integrating data of all shapes and sizes.
Get started with an Azure free account
Start free. Get $200 credit to use within 30 days. While you have your credit, get free amounts of many of our most popular services, plus free amounts of 55+ other services that are always free.
After your credit, move to pay as you go to keep building with the same free services. Pay only if you use more than your free monthly amounts.
After 12 months, you'll keep getting 55+ always-free services—and still pay only for what you use beyond your free monthly amounts.
Azure Data Factory resources and documentation
Get started with learning resources
Frequently asked questions about Azure Data Factory
We guarantee we will successfully process requests to perform operations against Data Factory resources at least 99.9 percent of the time. We also guarantee that all activity runs will initiate within four minutes of their scheduled execution times at least 99.9 percent of the time. Read the full Data Factory service-level agreement (SLA).
Integration runtime (IR) is the compute infrastructure Data Factory uses to provide data integration capabilities across network environments. IR moves data between the source and destination data stores by providing scalable data transfer. IR executes Data Flow authored visually in a scalable way on Spark compute runtime. IR provides the capability to natively execute SSIS packages in a managed Azure compute environment. It supports dispatching and monitoring of transformation activities running on several compute services. For more information, see integration runtime in Data Factory.