Enabling productivity and innovation for more than 2 million apps and sites on Azure
Quickly build, deploy, and scale web apps and APIs on your terms. Work with .NET, .NET Core, Node.js, Java, Python, or PHP in containers, or running on Windows or Linux. Meet rigorous, enterprise-grade performance, and security and compliance requirements with a trusted, fully managed service that handles more than 60 billion requests per day.
Fully managed service with built-in infrastructure maintenance, security patching, and scaling
Built-in continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) and zero-downtime deployments
Support for virtual networks, and ability to run in an isolated and dedicated App Service Environment
Rigorous security and compliance standards, including SOC and PCI, for seamless deployments in the cloud, in Azure Government, and on premises
Quickly build web apps and APIs in the cloud
- Bring your code or container using the framework language of your choice.
- Run on Kubernetes, anywhere across Azure, on-premises, and any CNCF-conformant Kubernetes cluster through Azure Arc.
- Increase developer productivity with tight integration of Visual Studio Code and Visual Studio.
- Streamline CI/CD with Git, GitHub, GitHub Actions, Atlassian Bitbucket, Azure DevOps, Docker Hub, and Azure Container Registry.
- Reduce downtime and minimize risk for app updates by using deployment slots.
Scale web apps on an enterprise-grade service
- Get high availability with a service-level agreement (SLA)-backed uptime of 99.95 percent.
- Simplify operations with automatic platform maintenance and security patching.
- Help protect your applications with Azure Web Application Firewall, and connect through virtual network integration.
- Deploy isolated web app instances with a single-tenancy model. Use App Service Environment v3 to enforce network access external to your applications.
- Use Azure Active Directory and other popular identity providers to authenticate and authorize app access.
- Scale globally across all Azure regions.
Focus investment on app innovation, not on managing infrastructure
Read a commissioned study conducted by Forrester Consulting on behalf of Microsoft that finds Azure PaaS delivers 228 percent ROI over 3 years, with a 15-month payback period.1
1 Source: The Total Economic Impact™ of Microsoft Azure PaaS, Forrester Consulting, November 2022.
Quickly build web apps and APIs in the cloud
Use App Service to bring the best of Azure to your web app.
- Improve accessibility with Azure Cognitive Services for embedded text reading and speech translation.
- Create easily searchable content with AI-powered cloud search services.
- Boost usability with Personalizer.
- Innovate faster by managing all your APIs in one place.
Simplify operations with built-in monitoring
- Perform intelligent and interactive, live troubleshooting with App Service diagnostics.
- View application performance and health using Azure Monitor and Application Insights to make decisions faster.
- Build real-time views of application resource usage with Azure Monitor and configure alerts to notify you of unexpected conditions.
- Gain deeper insights into your app’s throughput, response time, downstream dependencies, and error trends using Application Insights.
Comprehensive security and compliance, built in
Microsoft invests more than $1 billion annually on cybersecurity research and development.
We employ more than 3,500 security experts who are dedicated to data security and privacy.
Flexible pricing options to fit your needs
Build web apps, services, and RESTful APIs with Azure App Service, a fully managed web hosting service. A range of plans help meet the needs of any application, from small websites to globally scaled web applications.
Reserved instances offer savings of up to 55 percent compared to pay-as-you-go pricing. Plus, run web apps on your own Kubernetes infrastructure (in preview).
Get started with an Azure free account
Start free. Get $200 credit to use within 30 days. While you have your credit, get free amounts of many of our most popular services, plus free amounts of 55+ other services that are always free.
After your credit, move to pay as you go to keep building with the same free services. Pay only if you use more than your free monthly amounts.
After 12 months, you'll keep getting 55+ always-free services—and still pay only for what you use beyond your free monthly amounts.
Trusted by companies of all sizes
“It was a natural evolution for us, moving from on-premises hosted .NET applications over to the Microsoft Azure cloud environment...to be able to migrate our applications seamlessly over to the cloud was a hassle-free exercise for us.”
Sahil Gupta: SVP Head of Application Development
“With Azure DevOps, we can do parallel development, which makes us faster and more flexible in updating our online presence. This benefits our customers, since we can more easily and quickly provide them with the most up-to-date information.”
Christian Walter: Head of Web and Collaboration
“With cloud services, we are able to eliminate all points of failure. We have created process and equipment redundancy so if one server fails, then the other one will continue operating. The switch can be made instantly, and the user doesn't even notice the change.”
Hildebrand Almada: IT Infrastructure Coordinator
"I choose Azure PaaS products according to my purpose. The good thing about Azure is that each product has a clear concept and a consistent culture of user-friendliness. All products have the same UI design. There is a line of thought that can not be set more finely. There are times when it is difficult to make detailed settings, but it can be said that it is precisely because there are such restrictions that you can concentrate on how to combine them.”
Yusuke Suzuki, President and CEO of Growth Architecture & Teams
"Azure didn't let us down. More than that, it gave us a way to assure senior management that we could support this massive, global campaign."
Lennart Boorsma, Digital Marketing Manager, Heineken
“The apps we started with were monolithic, so they didn’t scale well. Azure App Service let us break down those apps into components that could be scaled out separately.”
Alex Wilhelmsen: Digital Architect
"Our move to .NET Core, Visual Studio Code, TypeScript, and Azure services worked out just like we had planned. Our new website makes us much more agile in supporting Chipotle's primary mission."
Mike Smith, Lead Software Developer, Chipotle Mexican Grill
Developer documentation, sample code, and app development resources
Step-by-step guidance on how to build and host web apps from Microsoft Learn:
Deploy and run a containerized web app
Build with .NET
App Service is the only managed service built from the ground up to support .NET workloads.
Create an ASP.NET app in Azure
Explore step-by-step guidance for migrating .NET apps to Azure
Use the .NET Portability Analyzer to analyze assemblies for .NET Core
Convert your .NET code to .NET Core with .NET Core porting guidance
Use built-in cross-origin resource sharing support for RESTful APIs
Connect to MongoDB, Azure SQL Database, or MySQL database.
Configure Node.js apps for App Service
Build browser-based .NET apps with Blazor
Run custom Windows containers in Azure
5 Benefits of Migrating Your ASP.NET Apps to the Cloud
Learn how Azure can help achieve scalability, optimize costs, increase operational efficiencies, improve security, and ship new features faster.
Modernize your Web Apps
Read the success stories of five companies that enhanced customer experiences by modernizing their web apps with Azure App Service.
Costs and Benefits of .NET Application migration to the Cloud
Learn how to reduce costs by migrating your ASP.NET web apps and SQL databases to Azure App Service.
Frequently asked questions about App Service
App Service runs web and API apps at scale while working seamlessly with other first- or third-party solutions to meet the requirements of the app solution you envision.
App Service pricing is based on plan tiers with varying features and capabilities. For more details, see pricing.
We guarantee that apps running via a customer subscription will be available 99.95 percent of the time. See additional details.