Pivotal on Azure
A secure DevOps platform and strategic services to help you build and deploy solutions faster and more efficiently
Build and run cloud apps on Azure with Pivotal
- Get the latest Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Pivotal Container Service, Pivotal Application Service, Pivotal Function Service, and BOSH Stemcell for your applications that run on Azure.
- Ship and run all types of apps in a consistent way.
- Push your code or Docker images to a secure platform that’s designed to simplify enterprise operations.
- Deploy in minutes through Azure Marketplace, and get started with a free 90-day evaluation license. (A single instance of Pivotal Cloud Foundry uses approximately 30 ARM cores and 96 GB of RAM.)
Accelerated development of cloud-native apps
Simplified operations and higher developer productivity
Optimization for apps within your Azure infrastructure
Increased security on Azure
Build and deploy cloud-native applications fast
Launch new features in minutes, not weeks. Combine Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) with Spring, Spring Cloud, and Spring Boot to accelerate the time to value for your enterprise apps. In addition to its first-rate support for Spring, PCF also offers support for Node.js, Ruby, PHP, Go, and .NET, among others.
Use a single platform and configuration service
Deliver new experiences to your customers, rapidly and repeatedly with Pivotal Cloud Foundry. Use any language or runtime, and defer much of the operational complexity to the platform by taking advantage of backing services like MySQL, RabbitMQ, and Redis.
Pay only for what you use
Save money by avoiding over-deployment. Upgrade from a VM-centric model to the single, high-density Pivotal Platform. Automate scaling, logging, availability, and updates for all of your apps with a single control plane and Azure Operations Management Suite integration.
Integrate easily thanks to a deep partnership
Connect a wide range of Azure services to Pivotal solutions using Azure Service Broker, which exposes them natively within Pivotal Cloud Foundry.
Azure Service Broker for Pivotal Platform currently supports these services:
- Azure Storage
- Azure Cache for Redis
- Azure Cosmos DB
- Azure Database for MySQL
- Azure Database for PostgreSQL
- Azure SQL Database
- SQL Database failover groups
- Service Bus
- Event Hubs
You can also enable role-based access control with Azure Active Directory.
Get seamless support for your enterprise
Microsoft and Pivotal have integrated support teams and workflows, along with joint engineering teams.
With Pivotal on Azure, you get:
- Worldwide, all-day support with CPI and service brokers in place.
- Integration workflows and regular meetings with the Pivotal support team.
- Ongoing CSS readiness to increase support acumen and capacity.
- Automated Ticket Exchange.
- Pivotal Cloud Foundry support within the Azure portal.
Explore a reference architecture of Pivotal Cloud Foundry on Azure
Learn more about Azure and Pivotal integration through a representative solution architecture.
Getting started with Pivotal on Azure
Documentation, training, and resources
Companies of all sizes build cloud apps faster with Pivotal Cloud Foundry
Stéphane El Mabrouk, Head of Operations, Thales Digital Factory
"Our squads are able, in sprint one, to have all their development environment up and running, and that's thanks to the cloud-based technologies."
Henk Van Driel, Manager, Cloud Competence Center, Rabobank
"We have more than 75 development teams using our new platform, and that number is quickly growing. Seven production workloads are already running on it. The smallest is our new mortgage lending model, and the largest workload is a Pivotal Cloud Foundry environment."
Thomas Fredell, Chief Product Officer, Merrill Corporation
"We need to iterate our way to great products, to get solutions into customers' hands quickly, see what they like, make changes, and keep improving—the fail-fast concept. With Azure and Pivotal Cloud Foundry, we can do that."
Frequently asked questions about Pivotal Cloud Foundry on Azure
When you use Pivotal Cloud Foundry on Azure, you get:
- More regions and more flexibility. Azure has more regions than other public cloud providers and gives you more flexibility for data sovereignty and other regulatory scenarios.
- Differentiated services. Azure Service Broker exposes services such as Azure Storage, Azure Cache for Redis, Azure Cosmos DB, SQL Database, and Service Bus natively through Pivotal Cloud Foundry, helping you bolster your cloud-native apps with the unique capabilities of Azure.
- Integrated enterprise support and deep partnership. Microsoft and Pivotal have integrated support teams and workflows, along with joint engineering teams.
Evaluate Pivotal Cloud Foundry for your enterprise if you:
- Want to transform your business with cloud-native applications and new digital products/services.
- Require an enterprise development and operations platform that can run in hybrid or multi-cloud environments.
- Are looking for a microservices, container-based platform that enables continuous delivery and faster time to market.
- Already use Java/Spring to deploy 12-factor app concepts and microservices.
- Want to upgrade from monolithic middleware architectures in favor of cloud-native patterns.
Microsoft and Pivotal have a joint go-to-market strategy that includes worldwide sales teams and an integrated support workflow that’s accessible as a portal experience. Account representatives from both Pivotal and Microsoft have access to materials in the Microsoft ISV App Catalog to help you get started. If you have questions, contact the partnership team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Create an Azure free account to learn how Azure works, try products and cloud services, and view tutorials on how to deploy your first solution in 10 minutes or less.
Learn more about Pivotal on Azure
Please tell us a little about yourself. An Azure representative will connect with you to help answer your questions.