Azure for Students Starter
Build your first web or mobile app with Azure for Students Starter
High school and secondary students—start building in the cloud now with free Azure services and professional developer tools. No credit card required.
Code using the same tools as pro developers
Get started with coding or boost your programming skills with access to free Azure services and software like Visual Studio Code. Bring your ideas to life using flexible tools and the cloud.
Build and deploy your first web app
Use the technology you might already know—like Python, Node.js, and Java—with Azure App Service to build, test, and deploy your app. Add key services like authentication and social integration without worrying about infrastructure or scale.
Create apps faster with serverless compute
Use Azure Functions to write simple, serverless functions in the programming language of your choice. Run your code on demand without needing servers.
Take a free coding course
Get access to free learning paths and labs to improve your coding skills. Whether you’re just starting out or have some coding experience, Microsoft Learn has a path for you.
Additional offers for students and educators
Azure for Students
- Available to students age 18 and over
- Get free developer tools and 100 USD in credit toward any Azure cloud service
- Build skills with free learning paths and labs
- No credit card required
Read the FAQ for eligibility and offer details
*Age restrictions apply. Read the FAQ for more details.
Azure free account
- Available for educators, faculty, and students
- Get started with a $200 credit to spend on any Azure products
- Keep going with 12 months of free access to popular products
- Credit card required, but pay nothing until you choose