Preview: Azure App Service Environment
Posted on Wednesday, April 29, 2015
Azure App Service Environment is a new Premium plan option that provides a fully isolated runtime environment with new scalability and security options. The base environment contains two P2 front ends and two P1 compute resources created in a customer’s virtual network. Customers can scale front-end and compute resources independently by using combinations of P1–P4 instances. Customers also pay only for what is used, with up to 50 total instances inside the environment. App Service Environment offers:
- A dedicated runtime environment reserved exclusively for a customer’s subscription.
- Granular customization and control over scale.
- The ability to create App Service Environment directly in a customer’s virtual network.
- All Azure App Service features.
- The ability to scale up to 50 instances with up to 500 GB of storage.