Elastic on Azure
Use the Elastic Stack (Elastic, Logstash, and Kibana) from the creators to search, analyze, and visualize in real time.
Search, analyze, monitor, and secure your apps and IT on Azure
Elastic is, at its heart, a search tool, but it has been expanding beyond website, application, and enterprise search to other use cases requiring speed, scale, and relevance. Petabyte scale and real time matters for application performance management (APM), log and metrics management, security analytics, and security endpoint protection.Reference Solution Guide
Fast deployment for full Elastic (ELK) Stack on Azure—deploy Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, and Logstash in minutes
Quickly view your machine data and log data with integration of Elastic Stack and your Azure resources
Fulfill your organizational search needs by augmenting Azure Monitor with hybrid and multi-cloud logging, metrics, and APM with Elasticsearch
Ship data from all your sources securely and use the security information and event management (SIEM) solutions of your choice
Building observable systems with Elastic
- Achieve the service level with Elastic: monitor and index your IT logs, metrics, APM traces, and alerts.
- Detect undesirable behaviors like service downtime, errors, and slow response times.
- Get to the root cause faster with detailed event logs, granular resource usage information, and application traces.
- Machine learning helps detect anomalous behavior while alerting ensures system availability.
Advanced search made simple across your web, app, and enterprise search
- Jump-start Elasticsearch deployment with Elastic App Search and built-in, tunable relevance controls, well-maintained clients, and robust analytics for your apps built on Azure.
- Eliminate the learning curve by implementing powerful sitewide search.
- Boost your team’s productivity by unifying all data together into a personalized search experience with Elastic Enterprise Search (beta).
Security analytics and endpoint protection tool for your workloads
Create a centralized security analytics platform with the speed and scale you need for ad hoc analysis during threat detection and hunting exercises.
Explore your location and geographic data
- Analyze your geospatial data with Elastic Maps on Azure.
- Visualize multiple indices as unique layers in one view to query and correlate across your Elasticsearch data.
See how companies of all sizes use Elastic on Azure
Mars tracks supply chains in the cloud
Mars used C# and Neo4j graph database with Elastic to build the sophisticated supply chain management solution Transparency-One on Azure.
Esri maps IoT in real time
Esri leveraged Elasticsearch and customized plug-ins to accelerate the development of spatial data aggregation for their map services hosted on Azure.
Rapid game enhancement at FunRock
Swedish gaming startup leveraged Azure DevOps with Elastic Stack to index game and application logs and game statistics to quickly search and aggregate the data in one central location.
Frequently asked questions about Elastic on Azure
By running Elastic Stack on Azure, you can take data from any source reliably and securely, in any format, then search, analyze, and visualize it in real time. Elastic can deliver sub-second response times when working at tera and petabyte scale on Azure.
With deployment models to meet your unique use case, you can quickly and easily gain speed, scale, and relevance. You benefit from frictionless integration that delivers faster time to market.
Open-source users must self-manage Elastic software and licensing. They have no access to Elasticsearch Service managed service features, or services like consultative tech support, training, and consulting services.
With Elastic Cloud (Elasticsearch managed service), you can use your Azure commitment to get the most out of your data and technology. Elastic covers the maintenance and upkeep so you can focus on innovation.
Developer teams looking to embed search for apps and websites, logging, metrics, APM, uptime, infrastructure alerting, machine learning, rich BI and security analytics into their custom developed applications.
Operations teams that must hit the SLA and require an observable system. These teams often manage both applications and infrastructure, whether on or off the cloud.
Security teams monitoring for threats, gathering evidence on an interactive timeline, pinning and annotating relevant events, and forwarding potential incidents for further action.
Business analysts looking for insights with KPIs, metrics, and goals in one place with the Elastic Stack. Create and share reports with real-time data.
- Search: You can ingest and transform data, deploy site crawlers, embed search in applications, and connect data silos for enterprise search.
- Create observable systems by unifying logs, metrics, APM events, and traces. Our users threat hunt and respond with SIEM and endpoint security.
- Create location enabled applications that understand GeoJSON.
Elastic Cloud delivers powerful solutions for observability, enterprise search, and security with the added benefit of reduced operational complexity. With real-time updates, default security best practices, and maintenance handled by the creators of Elasticsearch this offering delivers more time to develop, analyze, and provide business value. Elastic Cloud typically had fewer configuration steps, shorter deployment requirements, and is eligible for Azure spend commitment.
If you're looking for the Elastic products you know and love with manual options for cluster management, self-managed Elastic Stack may be right for you.
Read the article from Elastic about how to deploy Elastic Cloud on Azure.
Read the article from Elastic about How to monitor your Azure infrastructure with Filebeat and Elastic Observability.