How to buy Azure Government
Azure Government is available to purchase from an Azure Government license solution provider (LSP) with no upfront financial commitment. If you want to try Azure Government before you buy, sign up for a free Azure Government trial.
Buy through your licensing partner
LSP’s are advisors in how to procure and manage Microsoft licensing and cloud services. They understand the government cloud ecosystem and may have a history of your purchases so they can work with what you have as a starting point for success. Talk with the person in your organization who manages procurement to find out which LSP you may be working with already.
These partners understand Microsoft licensing options for government, and they can advise you on the most appropriate procurement process and help you get started.
|Minburn Technology Group||571-699-0705 Opt. firstname.lastname@example.org|
|SHI||888-744-4084 Opt. email@example.com|
Azure Government is a unique cloud instance, exclusively for government customers and their solution providers. Government customer eligibility for Azure Government is offered to three different types of customers which are:
- A U.S. Government entity in its governmental capacity, for example:
- Federal Agency (e.g. bureau, agency, department or other entity of the U.S. government)
- State/Local Entity
- Tribal Entity
- Regional or interstate government entities (but no international entities)
- Federal Funded Research and Development Centers (FERDCs)
- A partner using Azure Government to provide a solution that, for example:
- Provides services and/or solutions to US Government customers
- Holds a direct or indirect Government contract through GSA and specific to the use of a partner solution
- A commercial private entity with data that’s subject to regulations. Accepted government data types:
- International Traffic in Arms (ITAR)
- Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI)
- Department of Department (DoD) Unclassified Controlled Nuclear Information (UCNI)
- Department of Energy (DoE) UCNI
- Criminal Justice Information (CJI)
- Department of Defense Impact Level Data
An international commercial entities may qualify due to regulated data may be required to purchase the service through their U.S. subsidiary.
A customer must provide evidence that they are a member of one of the groups listed above to be allowed into Azure Government.