You can start asking your questions with #AzureBackupAMA NOW!!
The Azure Backup team will host a special Ask Me Anything session on Twitter, Tuesday, July 10, 2018 from 7:30 AM to 11:30 AM PST. You can tweet to @AzureBackup or @AzureSupport with #AzureBackupAMA
What's an AMA session?
We'll have folks from across the Azure Backup Engineering team available to answer any questions you have. You can ask us anything about our products, services or even our team!
Why are you doing an AMA?
We like reaching out and learning from our customers and the community. We had great conversations in the past when we did an AMA in 2016 and 2015. We want to know how you use Azure and Azure Backup and how your experience has been. Your questions provide insights into how we can make the service better.
How do I ask questions on Twitter?
You can ask us your questions by putting “#AzureBackupAMA” in your tweet. Your question can span multiple tweets by replying to first tweet you post with this hashtag. You can also directly message @AzureBackup or @AzureSupport if you want to keep your questions private. You can start posting your questions one day before the scheduled time of AMA but we will start answering only during the event time. This is to help customers who are in different time zone and who can’t attend the event during this specific hour of the day. You can catch us for a live conversation during the scheduled hours. If there are further follow-ups, we will continue the dialogue post event time. Go ahead and tweet to us!
Who will be there?
You, of course! We'll also have PMs and Developers from the Azure Backup team participating.
Have any questions about the following topics? Bring them to the AMA.
- Backup of Azure IaaS VMs
- Backup of Sql Servers running inside IaaS VMs (We announced this just couple of weeks ago!)
- Backup of Azure File Shares
- Microsoft Azure Recovery Services Agent(Protects your on-premises data to cloud)
- Azure Backup comprehensive security solution to protect your backups and not just data
- Azure Backup Monitoring
- Azure Backup zero-infrastructure solution to reporting
Why should I ask questions here instead of StackOverflow or MSDN? Can I really ask anything?
An AMA is a great place to ask us anything. StackOverflow and MSDN have restrictions on which questions can be asked. With an AMA, you’ll get answers directly from the team and have a conversation with the people who build these products and services.
Here are some question ideas:
- What is Azure Backup?
- What does zero-infrastructure solution to Azure Backup mean?
- Can I backup Azure VMs using managed disks?
- How many vaults I can create per subscription?
- How do I monitor my Azure Backup data in Log Analytics?
- How do I secure my backup data?
- How can I share my Azure Backup reports to my colleagues?
- How does the Protected Instances billing model work?
Go ahead, ask us anything about our public products or the team. Please note, we cannot comment on unreleased features and future plans and issues which require deep level debugging.
We're looking forward to having a conversation with you!