SAP HANA on Azure Large Instances will be retired by 30 June 2025 – transition to Virtual Machines
公開日: 9月 29, 2023
You’re receiving this email because you’ve been identified as a customer running critical SAP workloads on Azure HANA Large Instance (HLI) on Gen4/Gen4.5 that’s retiring on 30 June 2025.
As part of our continuous commitment to innovation and delivering the best products and services, Microsoft has announced the retirement of SAP HANA Large Instances (Gen4 and 4.5) product line on 29 September 2022. The retirement of the SAP HANA Large instances (Gen4 and 4.5) product line is a strategic step to pave the way for newer technologies and enhanced offerings that will better cater to your evolving business needs.
Kindly note that, as of the announcement date, the SAP HLI product line along with Optane based HLIs (refer Note) is no longer being offered to customers. We highly recommend that you consider migrating to our SAP certified Azure Virtual Machines (VMs) listed in references below:
While your active SAP HLIs will not be affected by this announcement, we encourage you to explore new solutions that better align with your business needs. With that in mind, Microsoft is committed to supporting you throughout the migration process.
Note: Following this announcement (Q2 2022) Intel has shut down its Optane business.
Please make your plans to migrate your SAP HLI workload to alternate Virtual Machines as offered in the HANA Hardware Directory by 30 June 2025.
- Please work with your assigned CSAM/CSA to plan the migration activities accordingly.
- Microsoft recommends that you perform this activity in two phases:
- Phase 1: Non-Production
- Phase 2: Production
- Please ensure alternate hardware/VMs are thoroughly tested for your production load prior to migration.
- Microsoft will provide the support and services needed as part of this program through our resources in Azure Core Engineering who will work in tandem with your assigned CSAM/CSA to help you successfully migrate to VMs.
- Certified and Supported SAP HANA® Hardware Directory
- Announcing public preview of new Mv3 Medium Memory Virtual Machines - Microsoft Community Hub
- Pricing Calculator | Microsoft Azure
- SAP workload planning and deployment checklist - Azure Virtual Machines | Microsoft Learn
- Azure storage types for SAP workload - Azure Virtual Machines | Microsoft Learn
- SAP workload configurations with Azure Availability Zones - Azure Virtual Machines | Microsoft Learn
- SAP HANA availability on Azure VMs - Overview - Azure Virtual Machines | Microsoft Learn
- Azure Center for SAP solutions | Microsoft Learn
Help and support
If you have questions, get answers from community experts & Microsoft moderators about planned maintenance on Azure VM forums. If you have a support plan and you need technical help, create a support request.