Extend Azure management and services anywhere
Extend Azure management and services anywhere
Accelerate innovation across hybrid and multicloud environments
Azure Arc offers simplified management, faster app development and consistent Azure services. Easily organise, govern and secure Windows and Linux servers, SQL Server and Kubernetes clusters across datacentres, the edge and multicloud environments in Azure. Architect, design and build cloud-native apps anywhere without sacrificing central visibility and control. Get Azure innovation and cloud benefits by deploying consistent Azure applications, machine learning and data services on any infrastructure.
See what customers are doing with Azure Arc
Vinh Tran, Head of Cloud Engineering, RBC
"Azure Arc, with a Kubernetes based deployment, allows us to leverage our existing infrastructure and our investments on-premises to manage and automate database deployments."
Paulo Tornaghi, Technology and Architecture lead, Nokia
"Azure Arc gives us the ability to deploy applications in a customer-preferred cloud while allowing us to have a consistent way to monitor, deploy, and operate our use cases. This massively increases our customer base by removing previous limitations."
Inigo Martinez, Director of Technology and Systems, Prosegur
"We have deployed Azure Arc in 700 servers, but we plan before the end of the year to reach, if not all, 95% of our infrastructure, which is based in Windows and Linux. That would be around 5,000 servers."
Dennis de Roo, Chief Technology Officer, ASAPCLOUD
"Our solution, powered by Azure Arc, is unique because it gives us the possibility to have a unified management framework layer and automates all kinds of IT operational tasks regardless of location."
Calvin Karundu, Software Engineer, Africa’s Talking
"With Azure Arc, we can help our customers grow and expand across the continent, creating more jobs and economic opportunities along the way."
Thomas Gossler, Chief Architect for Teamplay, Siemens Healthineers
"Azure Arc is the key technology we use to deliver software as a service to the edge within our customers' local on-premises networks."
Secure and govern your infrastructure and apps anywhere
- Centrally manage a wide range of resources including Windows and Linux servers, SQL server, Kubernetes clusters and Azure services.
- Perform virtual machine (VM) lifecycle management for your Azure Stack HCI , VMware, and System Centre VMM environments from a centralised location.
- Meet governance and compliance standards for apps, infrastructure and data with Azure Policy.
- Delegate access and manage security policies for resources using role-based access control (RBAC) and Azure Lighthouse.
- Learn more about hybrid and multicloud management in the Microsoft Cloud Adoption Framework for Azure.
Build cloud-native apps anywhere, at scale
- Bring DevOps practices anywhere and build iteratively.
- Get up and running immediately with your existing tools and practices including GitHub, Terraform and Visual Studio.
- Reduce errors with consistent policy-driven app deployment and cluster operations at scale from source control and templates.
- Write to the same application service APIs that can run consistently on-premises, across multiple clouds and in edge environments using Kubernetes.
- Save time and reduce admin tasks by using purpose-built Azure application and data services in your architecture.
Run Azure data and machine learning services anywhere
- Deploy Azure Arc–enabled Azure SQL and PostgreSQL Hyperscale (in preview) on any Kubernetes distribution and on any cloud.
- Work faster with Azure turnkey application services such as Web Apps, Functions and Logic Apps across clouds, datacentres and at the edge.
- Get started in minutes with one-click deployment of the managed machine learning add-on and train models on any Kubernetes cluster with Azure Machine Learning.
- Take advantage of elastic scale, consistent management and cloud-style billing models.
Azure Arc use cases
Control sprawling IT assets
Easily organise, govern and secure Windows and Linux servers, SQL Server and Kubernetes clusters across datacentres, the edge and multicloud environments. Use Azure tools like Azure Policy and Azure Resource Graph with both traditional and cloud workloads.
Ensure consistent deployments and configuration
Deploy and manage Kubernetes applications with GitHub and Azure Policy. Ensure that applications and clusters are consistently deployed and configured at scale from source control.
Meet regulatory and data sovereignty requirements
Automate and enforce policies to meet data governance and security requirements and manage costs efficiently. Get the latest cloud innovation and automation, elastic scale and unified management for data workloads that are running across hybrid infrastructure.
Unified security across hybrid and multicloud
- Improve your security posture management across all your resources wherever they are with Microsoft Defender for Cloud.
- Take advantage of advanced threat protection capabilities for your on-premises, multicloud or edge resources through Microsoft Defender for Cloud.
- Bring the first cloud native SIEM to all your resources by using Microsoft Sentinel through Azure Arc.
Azure Arc pricing
Azure Arc is offered at no additional cost when managing Azure Arc–enabled servers and Azure Arc–enabled Kubernetes. Add-on Azure management services are charged for Azure Arc–enabled servers and Azure Arc–enabled Kubernetes. Azure Arc–enabled SQL Managed Instance is in general availability; additional data and application services are in preview and currently offered at no additional cost. See the Azure Arc pricing page for details.
Azure Arc–enabled infrastructure
- Works for both Linux and Windows
- Works with virtual machines (VMs), bare-metal servers and other clouds
- Domain-agnostic—works across multiple domains at the same time
- Searchable inventory at scale
- Same server management experience across environments
- Consistent VM Extensions for agent management
Governance and security
- Built-in Azure policies for servers
- Server security baselines
- Ability to view and search for noncompliant servers across environments
- Advanced data security
Role-based access control
- Central IT–based, at-scale operations
- Management by workload owner, based on access privileges
- Integrated with Azure Lighthouse for managed service providers
- Container platform of your choice
- Out-of-the-box support for most CNCF (Cloud Native Computing Foundation)–certified Kubernetes
- Use across dev, test and production Kubernetes clusters in your environment
- Inventory, organise and tag Kubernetes clusters
- Deploy apps and configuration as code using GitOps
- Monitor and Manage at scale with policy-based deployment
Governance and security
- Built-in Kubernetes Gatekeeper policies
- Apply consistent security configuration at scale
- Consistent cluster extensions for Azure monitoring, governance, security services and more
Role-based access control
- Central IT-based at-scale operations
- Management by workload owner based on access privileges
Azure hybrid by design
Extend your datacenter to the cloud and manage Azure Stack HCI hosts, VMs and Azure resources side by side in the Azure portal.
Enterprise scale and great price-performance
Modernise your infrastructure of aging servers and storage, consolidate virtualised workloads and gain cloud efficiencies on-premises.
Familiar management and operations
Simplify your operations by using an easy-to-manage solution that works with your environment and popular external solutions.
Select the deployment scenario that is best for your environment, such as an appliance-like experience, a validated node solution from one of more than 20 hardware partners or repurposed hardware.
Azure consistent Kubernetes
Deploy and manage containerised apps with consistent Azure Container Service (AKS) on Azure Stack HCI. Build and run new or modernise existing Windows apps where you need them with built-in security and familiar tools.
Azure Arc–enabled services
Azure App Service
Quickly build, deploy and manage web apps and APIs in any environment
Build event-driven apps with built-in bindings and deploy the same code anywhere
Azure Logic Apps
Connect apps, data and devices anywhere
Azure API Management
Manage APIs across all environments
Azure Event Grid
Manage routing of all events from any source to any destination
Azure SQL enabled by Azure Arc
Run Azure SQL on-premises and in multicloud environments.
PostgreSQL Hyperscale enabled by Azure Arc (in preview)
Deploy on any Kubernetes distribution and on any cloud.
Azure Machine Learning—training (in preview)
Train machine learning models and get reliability with service-level objectives.
Azure Machine Learning—inferencing (in preview)
Deploy trained models using Azure Arc–enabled machine learning.
Azure Arc resources
Azure Arc updates, blogs and announcements
Frequently asked questions about Azure Arc
Azure Arc is a software solution that enables you to project your on-premises and multicloud resources, such as virtual or physical servers and Kubernetes clusters, into Azure Resource Manager. With Azure Arc’s hybrid and multicloud solutions you manage your resources as if they are running in Azure, using a single pane of glass to manage your entire data estate. Azure Stack is a hardware solution that enables you to run an Azure environment on-premises.
Read the documentation and how-to guides.
See a list of specialised partners.
See a list of supported Kubernetes distributions.
Azure Arc–enabled Kubernetes delivers configuration management and application deployment from Azure using GitOps. Take a tutorial.