Accelerate your cloud adoption with Microsoft and Oracle
Run your Oracle® Database and enterprise applications on Azure and Oracle Cloud
Supporting your business objectives
Microsoft and Oracle’s cloud interoperability enables you to migrate and run mission-critical enterprise workloads across Microsoft Azure and Oracle Cloud Infrastructure. Run your Oracle Database and enterprise applications—including JD Edwards EnterpriseOne, Oracle E-Business Suite, PeopleSoft, Oracle Retail and Oracle WebLogic Server—on Oracle Linux, Windows Server and other supported operating systems in Azure.
See why Azure is a great cloud for Oracle
- Use Oracle Database Standard Edition or Oracle Database Enterprise Edition, certified by Oracle to run on Azure.
- Confidently run Oracle enterprise applications on Azure knowing that they are supported by Oracle.
- Receive best-in-class, end-to-end support from Microsoft and Oracle.
- Achieve the scalability, flexibility and compliance your business requires for your Oracle workloads.
Expand your cloud capabilities with Microsoft and Oracle
- Derive insights from your distributed data estate across on-premises, Azure and Oracle Cloud Infrastructure.
- Take advantage of a broad range of Azure services and implement AI and IoT for your business today.
- Build on your existing investments in Oracle and Microsoft technologies, associated skillsets and the strategic ecosystem of partnerships that you have nurtured.
- Choose from an array of cloud capabilities and cross-cloud deployment models without compromising your scalability, performance and reliability requirements.
Select the right cloud deployment model for your business
- Take advantage of the industry’s first cross-cloud implementation between Azure and Oracle Cloud Infrastructure via network-optimised, low-latency and private interconnect of ExpressRoute and Oracle FastConnect.
- Rely on tested, validated and supported deployments of Oracle enterprise and custom applications on Azure with Oracle databases—Real Application Clusters (RAC), Exadata and Autonomous Database—deployed in Oracle Cloud Infrastructure.
- Experience a consistent application lifecycle across Azure and Oracle Cloud Infrastructure with unified identity and access management and a collaborative support model.
Deliver the highest levels of performance and scalability
- Upgrade your infrastructure performance with hyper-threaded Azure Virtual Machines featuring up to 416 vCPUs and 12 TB of memory.
- Azure Disk Storage offers persistent, highly secure and cost-effective SSD options to support your mission-critical Oracle applications.
- Ensure that your Oracle applications always have the storage and compute resources they need with infrastructure flexibility from Azure.
Reduce the cost of your IT infrastructure
- Reduce costs—up to 72 percent compared to pay-as-you-go prices—by reserving resources in advance for your predictable workloads with Azure Reserved Virtual Machine Instances.
- Reuse your on-premises licenses to run Windows Server VMs on Azure with Azure Hybrid Benefit and combine Azure Reserved Virtual Machine Instances with Azure Hybrid Benefit to save up to 80 percent.
- Get three more years of free extended security updates for Windows Server 2008 and 2008 R2 when you migrate to Azure.
"At Halliburton, we have a long history of running both Oracle and Microsoft technologies for our most critical applications. Our deep experience with these two strategic vendors has yielded rock solid application deployments that we're very happy with. The alliance between Oracle and Microsoft gives us the flexibility to keep the architecture we're comfortable with, while getting a smooth user and support experience across Oracle Cloud Infrastructure and Microsoft Azure."Shane Miller, Director of IT at Halliburton
"The partnership between Microsoft and Oracle is welcome news as we accelerate Albertsons' digital transformation and leverage the full value of the public cloud. This will allow us to create cross-cloud solutions that optimize many of our current investments while maximizing the agility, scalability, and efficiency of the public cloud."Anuj Dhanda, EVP and CIO Albertsons Companies
"As we look to bring our omni-channel experience closer together and transform the technology platform that powers the Gap Inc. brands, the collaboration between Oracle and Microsoft will make it easier for us to scale and deliver capabilities across channels. The interoperability between Azure and Oracle Cloud Infrastructure allows us to deploy Oracle or custom-built applications on Azure and Oracle databases on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure."Sally Gilligan, Chief Information Officer, Gap Inc
"As we look to bring our omni-channel experience closer together and transform the technology platform that powers the Gap Inc. brands, the collaboration between Oracle and Microsoft will make it easier for us to scale and deliver capabilities across channels. The interoperability between Azure and Oracle Cloud Infrastructure allows us to deploy Oracle or custom-built applications on Azure and Oracle databases on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure."Pradeep Shilige, Executive Vice President, Digital Systems and Technology, Cognizant
"Accenture has decades of experience in helping our enterprise clients leverage Microsoft and Oracle technologies to drive better business outcomes. The ability to be able to seamlessly combine cloud solutions, applications and databases across Oracle Cloud Infrastructure and Microsoft Azure will give our clients more choice, helping them to capitalize on their existing investments without compromising performance or reliability. We're excited about the opportunities this collaboration will enable for our clients."Prasad Sankaran, Senior Managing Director, Intelligent Cloud & Infrastructure Business, Accenture