Get started with Windows Server 2016 on Azure
Extend your datacenter to Azure with Windows Server 2016 and experience cloud-ready innovation. Create and run a virtual machine faster than you can download the bits.
Deploy a virtual machine in minutes
Follow the five steps to start using your first virtual machine.
- Sign into the Azure portal.
- Choose a Windows Server 2016 image from the Azure Marketplace.
- Windows Server 2016 Datacenter
- Windows Server 2016—Datacenter with Containers
- Windows Server 2016—Nano
- Windows Server 2016—Azure Hybrid Use Benefit
- Create your virtual machine using the default settings.
- Connect to your virtual machine and sign on.
- Work with your virtual machine as you would with any other server.
Save up to 50 percent on your virtual machines
Save money when you transition to the cloud with the Azure Hybrid Use Benefit. Move existing Windows Server licenses to Azure and pay the base rate for a virtual machine rather than the full price*. Move a few workloads or your entire datacenter.Learn more about the Azure Hybrid Use Benefit.
*Applies to Windows Server Standard or Datacenter licenses with Software Assurance.