Azure App Service lets you create apps faster with a one-of-a kind cloud service to quickly and easily create enterprise-ready web and mobile apps for any platform or device and deploy them on a scalable and reliable cloud infrastructure.
Enabling productivity and innovation for more than 2 million apps and sites on Azure
Quickly build, deploy, and scale web apps and APIs on your terms. Work with .NET, .NET Core, Node.js, Java, Python, or PHP in containers, or running on Windows or Linux. Meet rigorous, enterprise-grade performance, and security and compliance requirements with a trusted, fully managed service that handles more than 60 billion requests per day.
Fully managed service with built-in infrastructure maintenance, security patching and scaling
Built-in continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) and zero-downtime deployments
Support for virtual networks and the ability to run in an isolated and dedicated App Service Environment
Rigorous security and compliance standards, including SOC and PCI, for seamless deployments in the cloud, in Azure Government and on premises
Quickly build web apps and APIs in the cloud
- Bring your code or container using the framework language of your choice.
- Run on Kubernetes, anywhere across Azure, on-premises, and any CNCF-conformant Kubernetes cluster through Azure Arc.
- Increase developer productivity with tight integration of Visual Studio Code and Visual Studio.
- Streamline CI/CD with Git, GitHub, GitHub Actions, Atlassian Bitbucket, Azure DevOps, Docker Hub, and Azure Container Registry.
- Reduce downtime and minimise risk for app updates by using deployment slots.
Scale web apps on an enterprise-grade service
- Get high availability with a service-level agreement (SLA)-backed uptime of 99.95 percent.
- Simplify operations with automatic platform maintenance and security patching.
- Help protect your applications with Azure Web Application Firewall, and connect through virtual network integration.
- Deploy isolated web app instances with a single-tenancy model. Use App Service Environment v3 to enforce network access external to your applications.
- Use Azure Active Directory and other popular identity providers to authenticate and authorise app access.
- Scale globally across all Azure regions.
Quickly build web apps and APIs in the cloud
Use App Service to bring the best of Azure to your web app
- Improve accessibility with Azure Cognitive Services for embedded text reading and speech translation.
- Create easily searchable content with AI-powered cloud search services.
- Boost usability with Personalizer.
- Innovate faster by managing all your APIs in one place.
Simplify operations with built-in monitoring
- Perform intelligent and interactive, live troubleshooting with App Service diagnostics.
- View application performance and health using Azure Monitor and Application Insights to make decisions faster.
- Build real-time views of application resource usage with Azure Monitor and configure alerts to notify you of unexpected conditions.
- Gain deeper insights into your app’s throughput, response time, downstream dependencies, and error trends using Application Insights.
Scale globally with industry-leading security
- React to traffic loads with Azure Autoscale and perform traffic routing and load-balancing through Azure Front Door.
- Reduce latency by placing your content assets closer to your customers, with Azure Content Delivery Network.
- Help protect your applications with Azure Web Application Firewall, Azure Firewall and Application Gateway.
- Improve your security posture and threat protection with Azure Security Center and extensive compliance certifications.
Flexible pricing options to fit your needs
Build web apps, services and RESTful APIs with Azure App Service, a fully managed web hosting service. A range of plans help meet the needs of any application, from small websites to globally scaled web applications.
Reserved instances offer savings of up to 55 per cent compared to pay-as-you-go pricing. Plus, run web apps on your own Kubernetes infrastructure (in preview).
Everything you need to get started
Developer documentation, sample code and app development resources
Build your first web app on Windows or Linux using:
Step-by-step guidance on how to build and host web apps from Microsoft Learn:
Build with .NET
App Service is the only managed service built from the ground up to support .NET workloads.
Create an ASP.NET app in Azure
Explore step-by-step guidance for migrating .NET apps to Azure
Use the .NET Portability Analyzer to analyse assemblies for .NET Core
Convert your .NET code to .NET Core with .NET Core porting guidance
Trusted by companies of all sizes
Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences
Bev Kite, Chief Information Officer, Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences
"Nobody understands .NET and SQL Server better than Microsoft, which, through Azure, gave us a robust set of managed services for migrating our legacy applications to the cloud."
Lennart Boorsma, Digital Marketing Manager, Heineken
"Azure didn't let us down. More than that, it gave us a way to assure senior management that we could support this massive, global campaign."
City National Bank
Verna Grayce Chao, Executive Vice President for Treasury Management Solutions, City National Bank
"We've achieved the scalability we needed …. Best of all, we're confident we can deliver the performance and experience our clients expect as we migrate them to a modern web-based service."
Premera Blue Cross
Henry Larrymore, Senior Cloud Engineer, Digital Customer Experience, Premera Blue Cross
"We use Azure App Service to provide a truly reliable tier for service delivery and fulfillment. It's invaluable."
Chuck Rice, Software Development Manager, Allscripts
"By combining Azure App Service and SQL Database with other Azure PaaS resources, we can now deliver FollowMyHealth solutions and updates to all our customers quickly and reliably—with no disruptive downtime."
Mike Smith, Lead Software Developer, Chipotle Mexican Grill
"Our move to .NET Core, Visual Studio Code, TypeScript, and Azure services worked out just like we had planned. Our new website makes us much more agile in supporting Chipotle's primary mission."
Azure App Service updates, blogs and announcements
Five benefits of migrating your ASP.NET apps to the cloud
Learn how Azure can help achieve scalability, optimise costs, increase operational efficiencies, improve security and ship new features faster.
Modernise your web apps
Read the success stories of five companies that enhanced customer experiences by modernising their web apps with Azure App Service.
Costs and benefits of .NET Application migration to the cloud
Learn how to reduce costs by migrating your ASP.NET web apps and SQL databases to Azure App Service.
Frequently asked questions about App Service
App Service runs web and API apps at scale while working seamlessly with other first- or third-party solutions to meet the requirements of the app solution you envision.
App Service is available in most Azure regions.
We guarantee that apps running via a customer subscription will be available 99.95 per cent of the time. See additional details.