Azure Migration and Modernisation Programme
Simplify and accelerate your cloud journey. Move forward confidently with a proven approach, expert help, and cost-effective offers.
Let’s move forward together—with confidence. Get help at every step.
Watch this video to learn about the Azure Migration and Modernisation Programme. Discover how to get technical training, resources for best practises, and support at every stage with a proven approach, unique cost-saving offers, and step-by-step cloud migration guidance from Azure engineers and expert Azure migration partners.
Join the thousands of other customers who have simplified and accelerated their cloud journeys with the Azure Migration and Modernisation Programme
Use a proven, end-to-end approach for all your needs
Apply best practises based on the proven Microsoft Cloud Adoption Framework for Azure and Well-Architected Framework at every stage of your cloud adoption journey.
Get assistance assessing your environment and planning your migration, including a migration readiness assessment, cloud economics guidance, and landing zone build-out support.
Migrate and modernise your apps, data, and infrastructure using proven cloud migration tools and patterns.
Optimise costs and drive sustainable outcomes
Reduce your migration costs: Get matched with unique offers and incentives based on your need and where you are in your journey.
Move to the cloud efficiently and stay cost-optimised with free tools like Azure Migrate and Azure Cost Management.
Support environmentally sustainable outcomes while driving operational efficiencies when you migrate from on premises to the cloud.
See how customers are thriving by moving to Azure
American Cancer Society moves to the cloud using the Azure Migration and Modernisation Programme
Discover how the Azure Migration and Modernisation Programme helped the American Cancer Society migrate to the cloud and save costs.
Top pizza chain slices through data recovery spend with Azure
Hear how Boston Pizza decreased its data recovery spend by 30 percent and reduced its data recovery time from 30 days to just a few hours by moving its datacentre and several branch offices to Azure.
British Council optimises costs to digitally transform using the Azure Migration and Modernisation Programme
Learn how the Azure Migration and Modernisation Programme supported the British Council with an accelerated move to the cloud to minimise disruption for students around the world.
How the University of Leicester enabled remote learning in a global crisis
Watch how the Azure Migration and Modernisation Programme enabled the University of Leicester to deploy remote learning under tight time constraints and protect revenue and operations.
Sustainability-focused Swedavia soars to the cloud with Azure
Watch how Swedavia cut server costs by about 40 percent and furthered its environmental and sustainability initiatives by migrating to Azure.
Planzer migrates 200 servers to Azure, saving time, space, and money
Learn how Planzer modernised all of its costly, outdated on-premises servers with Azure in just seven months, significantly reducing its datacentre rooms and racks.
Receive expert assistance from certified Azure Partners
Learn how Claranet has enabled their customers to transform and grow with ever-changing demands through the Azure Migration and Modernisation Programme.
SNP helped customers drive cloud adoption during the pandemic. Through the Azure Migration and Modernisation Programme, they have quickly accelerated their customers' digital transformations.
Virtusa leverages Azure to assist their customers in all stages of their migration journeys – with skilled support and funding from the Azure Migration and Modernisation Programme.
3Cloud helps customers accelerate their journey to Azure. Learn how they helped PathGroup achieve massive scale in COVID-19 testing during the pandemic by moving to Azure.
Get the help you need to simplify your cloud migration and modernisation journey
Self-guided digital support
- Immediate access to curated resources designed to support your migration and modernisation efforts
- A conversation with an Azure sales specialist to help answer questions about Azure, migration and modernisation
- Guidance on next steps and which cloud migration and modernisation tools and resources to use
- Technical training through Microsoft Learn and accredited partners to build cloud skills with Azure
- Expert help from FastTrack for Azure engineers and specialised partners
- Assistance with planning and designing your project and moving your workloads to Azure
- Offers to help offset your migration costs (based on eligibility)
- Access to Azure technical training and certifications tailored to your organisation's needs
Note: Guided deployments have a minimum project size to qualify
Partners are welcome to nominate their customers for the programme. Choose the best option for your situation:
- Partner is leading the customer’s project
- Partner is an Azure Expert Managed Services Provider (MSP) and/or Advanced Specialised partner
- Project size is USD 25,000-USD 1,000,000 per year in estimated Azure consumption
Partner and Microsoft co-selling
- Partner is co-selling with a Microsoft sales executive
- Project size is greater than USD 100,000 per year in estimated Azure consumption. This is the minimum project size for FastTrack for Azure engineering guidance within the Azure Migration and Modernisation Programme
Microsoft account teams are welcome to nominate their customers' migration projects.Nominate
Azure Migration and Modernisation Programme FAQs
What are the benefits of the Azure Migration and Modernisation Programme?
The Azure Migration and Modernisation Programme helps accelerate your cloud migration and modernisation process through a variety of benefits, including:
- Best practises, resources, and guidance.
- Technical skill building.
- Azure engineering support.
- Specialised partners.
- Cloud migration and modernisation tools.
- Unique offers for reducing migration costs.
Which geographic regions are supported?
The Azure Migration and Modernisation Programme is available to Azure customers world-wide. Local language coverage is dependent on resource availability.
Am I eligible to join the Azure Migration and Modernisation Programme?
The Azure Migration and Modernisation Programme is available to all Azure customers through self-nomination, or nomination on a customer’s behalf from a partner or Microsoft account team.
How do I join the Azure Migration and Modernisation Programme?
- Contact us: Start by submitting a simple form telling us about your migration or modernisation project.
- Find out more: After you submit the form, Microsoft will assemble a mix of resources and advise you on the next steps.
- Migrate and modernise to maximise your ROI: Microsoft will help you to assess and deploy your environment. In addition, we'll provide you with cloud migration and modernisation tools and resources to optimise your costs and help secure your environment for on-going success with Azure.
How much does the Azure Migration and Modernisation Programme cost?
There’s no additional cost for the Azure Migration and Modernisation Programme for Azure customers.
How does the Azure Migration and Modernisation Programme work with partners?
Microsoft believes that engaging with an expert partner on your cloud journey is the best way to make the most of your Azure investment. Depending on your needs, through the programme you'll work either directly with Azure or be matched with an expert Azure migration partner if you don't already have one. Partners are either expert managed service providers or advanced specialisation partners.
Get started with Azure
Ready when you are—let's set up your Azure free account
Plan and track your progress
Simplify your migration with a central hub to discover, assess, and migrate your workloads