Monthly Azure credit for Visual Studio subscribers
Experiment and learn about Azure services, risk-free
The monthly Azure credit for Visual Studio subscribers is ideal for experimenting with and learning about Azure services. When you activate this benefit, it creates a separate Azure subscription with a monthly credit balance which renews each month while you remain an active Visual Studio subscriber.
Visual Studio Enterprise subscribers get the largest monthly credit:
Not a subscriber yet? Learn more.
- Credit for use on a wide range of Azure services. Virtual Machines, Storage, SQL Databases, Containers, Cognitive Services, Functions, Data Lake and much more.
- Azure dev/test pricing helps your credit last longer.
- Exclusive access to Windows 10 virtual machine images.
- Easy sign-up. No credit card required.
- No surprises. A spending limit protects you from overage charges. You can remove the spending limit when you are ready.
Teams look here: we have options for your all your team development and testing workloads too, whether your organisation has an Enterprise Agreement purchasing contract or not.
Monthly Azure credits for Visual Studio subscribers are specifically for dev/test usage only. Production workloads must be run on regular Azure subscriptions such as Pay-As-You-Go.
Yes, if your organisation uses Azure Active Directory, such as if you are using Office 365. For additional details, see the Using Work Accounts FAQ.
Azure subscriptions created via the Visual Studio Subscriptions benefit may be impacted by restrictions not imposed on paid subscriptions. Starting 8th September 2016, free subscriptions may see certain geographies not available for creating new VMs and Azure Services. Starting 1st January 2018, free/benefit subscriptions may see certain service types not available, or see a lower default quota than paid subscriptions.
The monthly Azure credit for Visual Studio subscribers is for development and testing only and does not carry a financially-backed SLA. We reserve the right to suspend any instance (VM or cloud service) that runs continuously for more than 120 hours or if we determine that the instance is being used for production. We are making this capacity available to Visual Studio subscribers on a best efforts basis; there is no guarantee of capacity availability.
The monthly credit does not apply toward purchase of the following services:
- Support plans
- Application Insights
- Visual Studio subscriptions
- Visual Studio Team Services
- Visual Studio App Centre
- Xamarin University
- Third-party branded products
- Products sold through the Visual Studio Marketplace
- Products otherwise sold separately from Azure (for example, Microsoft Azure Active Directory Premium)
To purchase these services, you must remove your spending limit and provide a credit card for billing.
Yes. See more details on spending limits.
Credit pooling is not available. This benefit is designed for personal use by the Visual Studio subscriber.
Please review the Azure server software support for virtual machines.