Azure Monitor Pricing
Get the granular, real-time monitoring of data that you need – all in one place
Azure Monitor is a platform capability for monitoring your Azure resources. Azure Monitor allows you to collect granular performance and utilisation data, activity and diagnostics logs, and notifications from your Azure resources in a consistent manner. You can use the Azure portal to view and analyse the monitoring data and set up automated actions based on alerts. In addition, Azure Monitor integrates with other analytics and monitoring tools such as OMS Insight & Analytics, Application Insights and other third-party tools, giving you the flexibility to use this data in different ways.
Azure Government is available to US government entities to purchase physically and network isolated instances of Azure Government from a Licensed Azure Government Service Provider or Partner with no up-front financial commitment or fee. Or, you can sign up for a free Azure Government Trial.
Important: The price in R$ is merely a reference; this is an international transaction and the final price is subject to exchange rates and the inclusion of IOF taxes and an eNF will not be issued.
Azure Germany is available to customers and partners doing business in the European Union (EU), European Free Trade Association (EFTA) and United Kingdom (UK), and provides data residency in Germany with additional levels of control and data protection. You can also sign up for a free Azure Germany trial.
Azure Monitor is not available in the Germany Central region. Please select another region.
Azure Monitor is not available in the Germany Northeast region. Please select another region.
Azure Monitor is not available in the UK West region. Please select another region.
Azure Monitor is not available in the UK South region. Please select another region.
There are no charges for Metric Queries today. On 1 August 2017, charges for Metric Queries will go into effect as per the pricing plan below.
|Feature||Monthly allotment||Overage charge|
|Metric queries||1,000,000 standard API calls||$-/1,000 standard API calls|
|SMS – USA||100||$-/SMS|
Metric queries are charged based on the number of standard API calls. A standard API call is a call that returns 1,440 data points (1,440 is also the total number of data points that can be stored per metric per day). If an API call returns more than 1,440 data points, it will count as multiple standard API calls. If an API call returns less than 1,440 data points, it will count as less than one API call. The number of standard API calls is calculated every day as the total number of data points consumed per day divided by 1,440.
- Activity Logs are available for a 90-day period at no charge. To retain activity log data beyond the 90-day period, activity log data can be routed to a storage account, or event hubs. Corresponding charges will apply for storage and event hubs, respectively. No charges are incurred for API calls to pull activity log data.
- Metrics are available for a 30-day period at no charge. To retain metrics data beyond the 30-day period, metrics data can be routed to a storage account, Log Analytics workspace, or event hubs. Corresponding charges apply for storage, Log Analytics and event hubs, respectively. In addition, metric queries are charged for the corresponding API calls required to route data.
- There is a limit of 100 metric alerts, 100 activity log alerts and 10 action groups per subscription. Contact Azure support to increase the limit.
- Diagnostic logs can be routed to a storage account, Log Analytics workspace or event hubs. Corresponding charges will apply for storage, Log Analytics and event hubs, respectively.
- An API call that returns 2,000 data points will count as 2,000/1,440 = 1.4 standard API calls.
- An API call that returns 200 data points will count as 200/1,440 = 0.1 standard API calls.
- A scenario tracking five metrics with one min granularity from 100 VMs per day will result in 720,000 data points, which translates to (720,000/1,440) 500 standard API calls per day.
Support and SLA
- SLA for individual features is applicable once the corresponding pricing model has been implemented. Learn more