Azure Redis Cache gives you the ability to use a secure open-source Redis cache. It is a dedicated offering managed by Microsoft for building highly scalable and responsive applications by providing you with super-fast access to your data. You also get to leverage the rich feature set and ecosystem provided by Redis while also getting reliable hosting and monitoring from Microsoft.
| Basic |
Basic Cache, which is ideal for development/testing.
| Standard |
Production-ready Cache with master/slave replication.
| Premium |
Enterprise-ready tier which can be used as a cache and persist data. Designed for maximum scale and enterprise integration.
|Replication and Failover||-||Yes||Yes|
|Configure Redis (Keyspace notifications etc.)||-||Yes||Yes|
|Redis Data Persistence||-||-||Yes|
|Scale Out to multiple Cache units||-||-||Yes|
|Azure Virtual Network||-||-||Yes|
|Memory Size||250 MB - 53 GB||250 MB - 53 GB||6 GB - 530 GB *|
|Network Performance||Low - High||Low - High||Moderate - Highest|
|Maximum number of Client connections||256 - 20,000||256 - 20,000||7,500 - 40,000|
Azure Government is available to US government entities to purchase physically and network isolated instances of Azure Government from a Licensed Azure Government Service Provider or Partner with no up-front financial commitment or fee. Or, you can sign up for a free Azure Government Trial.
Important: The price in R$ is merely a reference; this is an international transaction and the final price is subject to exchange rates and the inclusion of IOF taxes and an eNF will not be issued.
Azure Germany is available to customers and partners doing business in the European Union (EU), European Free Trade Association (EFTA) and United Kingdom (UK), and provides data residency in Germany with additional levels of control and data protection. You can also sign up for a free Azure Germany trial.
Basic cache is a single-node cache which is ideal for development/test and non-critical workloads. There is no SLA on the Basic tier.
|Cache Name||Cache Size||Basic||Network Performance||Number of Client Connections|
A replicated cache in a two-node Primary/Secondary configuration. We manage automatic replication between the two nodes, and offer a high-availability SLA.
|Cache Name||Cache Size||Standard||Network Performance||Number of Client Connections|
Premium tier includes all the Standard-tier features and more, such as better performance over Basic or Standard-tier Caches, bigger workloads, disaster recovery and enhanced security. Additional features include the following:
- Redis persistence allows you to persist data stored in Redis cache. You can also take snapshots and back up the data which you can load in case of a failure.
- Redis Cluster automatically shards data across multiple Redis nodes, so you can create workloads of bigger memory sizes (greater than 53 GB) and get better performance.
- Azure Virtual Network (VNet) deployment provides enhanced security and isolation for your Azure Redis Cache, as well as subnets, access control policies and other features to further restrict access.
|Cache Name||Cache Size||Price per shard||Network Performance||Number of Client Connections|
Geo-replication, when enabled, allows two separate Azure Redis Cache instances across Azure regions to be linked together in a primary/replica relationship. The service maintains the linked primary and replica cache instances in sync. You can read from or write to the primary cache instance, but you can only read from the replica cache instance. In addition to paying the standard charges for the primary and replica cache instances, you will also pay some charges for the data transfer between regions. Geo-replication is only available on the Azure Redis Cache Premium tier.
Support and SLA
- We provide technical support for all Azure services released to General Availability, including Azure Redis Cache and Managed Cache Service, through Azure Support, starting at $29.0/month. Billing and subscription management support is provided at no cost.
- Service-level Agreement (SLA): Azure Redis Cache guarantees that a Standard/Premium cache will be available at least 99.9% of the time. To learn more about our SLA, please visit the SLA page. SLA only covers connectivity to the Cache endpoints. The SLA does not cover protection from data loss. We recommend using the Redis data persistence feature in the Premium tier to increase resiliency against data loss.
- No SLA for Basic tier.
Yes. In Premium tier, you can scale out to multiple Redis Cache units.
We recommend that new developments use the Azure Redis Cache due to the flexibility it offers. It is based on the open standard Redis protocol that is supported by many programming languages (C/C++, .NET, Go, Java, Node.js, Objective C, Perl, PHP, Python, Ruby and over 29 other languages). This allows it to be used by nearly any workload that you might build on Azure.
Managed Cache Service and In-Role are scheduled to be retired on 30 November 2016. For more information, see Azure Managed Cache and In-Role Cache services to be retired on 30/11/2016.