Azure Cache for Redis gives you the ability to use a secure open-source Redis cache. It’s a dedicated offering managed by Microsoft for building highly scalable and responsive applications by providing you with super-fast access to your data. You get to leverage the rich feature set and ecosystem provided by Redis while also getting reliable hosting and monitoring from Microsoft.
Basic cache which is ideal for development/testing.
Production ready cache with master/slave replication.
Enterprise-ready tier which can be used as a cache and persist data. Designed for maximum scale and enterprise integration.
|Replication and failover||-||Yes||Yes|
|Configure Redis (keyspace notifications etc.)||-||Yes||Yes|
|Redis data persistence||-||-||Yes|
|Scale out to multiple cache units||-||-||Yes|
|Azure Virtual Network||-||-||Yes|
|Memory size||250 MB–53 GB||250 MB–53 GB||6 GB–120 GB|
|Network performance||Low to high||Low to high||Moderate to highest|
|Maximum number of client connections||256–20,000||256–20,000||7,500–40,000|
US government entities are eligible to purchase Azure Government services from a licensing solution provider with no upfront financial commitment or directly through a pay-as-you-go online subscription.
Important: The price in R$ is merely a reference; this is an international transaction and the final price is subject to exchange rates and the inclusion of IOF taxes. An eNF will not be issued.
Azure Germany is available to customers and partners who have already purchased this, doing business in the European Union (EU), the European Free Trade Association (EFTA) and in the United Kingdom (UK). It provides data residency in Germany with additional levels of control and data protection. You can also sign up for a free Azure trial.
Azure Cache for Redis is not available in the South Africa West region. Please select another region.
Azure Cache for Redis is not available in the UAE Central region. Please select another region.
Basic cache is a single-node cache which is ideal for development/test and non-critical workloads. There’s no SLA on basic tier.
|Cache Name||Cache Size||Network performance||Number of Client Connections||Price|
By default, a replicated cache is a two-node primary/secondary configuration. We manage automatic replication between the nodes to offer a high-availability SLA.
|Cache Name||Cache Size||Network performance||Number of Client Connections||Price (two-node)|
Premium tier includes all the standard-tier features and more, such as better performance over basic or standard-tier caches, bigger workloads, disaster recovery, and enhanced security. Additional features include:
- Redis persistence allows you to persist data stored in Redis cache. You can also take snapshots and back up the data which you can load in case of a failure.
- Redis Cluster automatically shards data across multiple Redis nodes, so you can create workloads of bigger memory sizes (greater than 53 GB) and get better performance.
- Azure Virtual Network deployment provides enhanced security and isolation for your Azure Cache for Redis, as well as subnets, access control policies, and other features to further restrict access.
|Cache Name||Cache Size||Network performance||Number of Client Connections||Price per shard|
Geo-replication, when enabled, allows two separate Azure Cache for Redis instances across Azure regions to be linked together in a primary/replica relationship. The service maintains the linked primary and replica cache instances in sync. You can read from or write to the primary cache instance, but you can only read from the replica cache instance. In addition to paying the standard charges for the primary and replica cache instances, you will also pay some charges for the data transfer between regions. Geo-replication is only available on the Azure Cache for Redis premium tier.
Support and SLA
- We provide technical support for all Azure services released to general availability, including Azure Cache for Redis and Managed Cache Service, through Azure Support, starting at $29/month. Billing and subscription management support is provided at no cost.
- Service Level Agreement (SLA) – Azure Cache for Redis guarantees that a standard/premium cache will be available at least 99.9% of the time. Learn more about our SLA. The SLA only covers connectivity to the cache endpoints. The SLA does not cover protection from data loss. We recommend using the Redis data persistence feature in the premium tier to increase resilience against data loss.
- There’s no SLA for basic tier.
Yes. In premium tier, you can scale out to multiple Azure Cache for Redis units.
We recommend that new developments use the Azure Cache for Redis due to the flexibility it offers. It’s based on the open standard Redis protocol that’s supported by many programming languages (C/C++, .NET, Go, Java, Node.js, Objective C, Perl, PHP, Python, Ruby and over 29 more languages). This allows it to be used by nearly any workload that you might build on Azure.
Managed Cache Service and In-Role were retired on 30 November 2016. For more information, see Azure Managed Cache and In-Role Cache services to be retired on 30/11/2016.
Estimate your monthly costs for Azure services
Review Azure pricing frequently asked questions
Learn more about Azure Cache for Redis
Review technical tutorials, videos and more resources