Optimise your Azure costs
Manage your cloud spending and focus on what matters most to your business
Explore tools and resources to help you save
Find out about the tools, offers and guidance designed to help you manage and optimise your Azure costs. Learn how to understand and forecast your bill, optimise workload costs and control your spending.
Understand and forecast your costs
Cost optimise your workloads
- Follow your Azure Advisor best practice recommendations for cost savings.
- Review your workload architecture for cost optimisation using the Microsoft Azure Well-architected Review assessment and the Microsoft Azure Well-architected Framework design documentation.
- Save with Azure offers and licensing terms such as the Azure Hybrid Benefit, paying in advance for predictable workloads with reservations, Azure Spot Virtual Machines and Azure dev/test pricing.
Seven ways to optimise costs today
Identify idle virtual machines (VMs), ExpressRoute circuits and other resources with Azure Advisor. Get recommendations on which resources to shut down, and see how much you would save.
Find underutilised resources with Azure Advisor – and get recommendations on how to reduce your spend by reconfiguring or consolidating them.
Get a discount of up to 72 per cent over pay-as-you-go pricing on Azure services when you pre-pay for a one- or three-year term with reservation pricing.
AWS is five times more expensive than Azure for Windows and SQL Server. Save big when you migrate your on-premises workloads to Azure.
Save by dynamically allocating and de-allocating resources to match your performance needs.
Create and manage budgets for the Azure services you use or subscribe to – and monitor your organisation’s cloud spending – with Azure Cost Management.
Azure offers many ways to host your code. Operate more cost efficiently by selecting the right compute service for your application.
Cost optimisation training
Learn how to save money on Azure in this free, 51-minute Microsoft Learn module, Microsoft Azure Well-Architected Framework – Cost Optimisation. You’ll learn how to:
- Gain visibility and draw cost insights using monitoring and analytics.
- Maximise the efficiency of your cloud environment.
- Provision resources that are optimised for cost.