The latest Azure IoT Edge release is now available
Published date: 22 November, 2019
The latest version of Azure IoT Edge includes the following improvements. See the full release notes on the GitHub release page.
- Fixes for a few CVEs that are present in the base layer used by Edge Agent and Edge Hub. We don’t believe the CVEs directly affect IoT Edge; however, their presence in our base images could expose them on IoT Edge devices. The CVEs patches include: CVE-2018-8269, CVE-2019-1301 and CVE-2019-1302.
- IoT Edge now matches the increased IoT Hub limits:
- The device and module twin size increased from 8 kb to 32 kb.
- The levels of nesting in a device and module twin increased from 5 levels to 10 levels.
- The key size increased from 64 b to 1 k, and the value size increased from 512 b to 4 k.
Read instructions on how to update IoT Edge.