Azure Application Gateway – URL rewrite and wildcard listener are now in preview
Published date: 21 July, 2020
Use the URL rewrite capability in Application Gateway to:
- rewrite the host name, path and query string of the request URL;
- choose to rewrite the URLs of all requests on a listener or only those requests that match one or more of the conditions that you’ve set (these conditions are based on the request and response properties);
- choose to route the request (select the back-end pool) based on either the original URL or the rewritten URL.
Use wildcard host names in listener to:
- use wildcard characters like asterisks (*) and question marks (?) in the host name, which can accept any incoming request with the host header matching the pattern;
- configure up to five host names per multi-site listener using the new hostnames field.