Do great things with Azure
Modernise apps to drive innovation and savings
MetLife developed a new microservices LOB application to deliver a unified experience across more than 400 legacy systems. The move resulted in a 70 per cent consolidation of infrastructure and improved operational scale.
Improve employee productivity and business agility
Alaska Airlines equipped its employees to respond faster to ever-changing flight loads by creating a seamless cross-platform mobile experience for on-the-go productivity.
Adding a modern web and mobile front-end to a legacy claims-processing app
This line-of-business application solution consolidates data from multiple business systems, and surfaces the data through web and mobile front-ends – helping to improve employee productivity and speed up decision making.
- 1 End-customer’s mobile app authenticates via Azure Active Directory B2C
- 2 Customer’s mobile app connects to the back-end web service, which aggregates data from different systems using asynchronous connection
- 3 Web application connects to SQL database
- 4 Power BI connects to SQL database and SharePoint
- 5 Logic app pulls data from CRM (Salesforce)
- 6 Logic app connects to SAP system (on-premises or in the cloud)
- 7 Employee mobile app connects to the logic app, which orchestrates the business process
- 8 Employee mobile app authenticates via Azure Active Directory
Modern customer support portal powered by an agile business process
The solution demonstrates a business process for monitoring and responding to customer feedback. This architecture shows how to easily connect multiple business systems to enable nimbler customer support.
- 1 Customer submits feedback which is posted to a web endpoint
- 2 The feedback is posted to Cognitive Services – Text Analysis API to extract sentiment and keywords from the feedback
- 3 The customer feedback creates a new case in CRM (Dynamics 365)
- 4 Send a text message to the customer thanking them for the feedback
- 5 If the feedback has a sentiment score of less than 0.3 (lower score means the customer was unhappy), post the information to a Microsoft Teams channel so that a customer service rep can get in touch with the customer
Customer onboarding process powered by a serverless architecture
The solution demonstrates a business process for customer onboarding. This serverless architecture enables you to build and run applications without having to worry about the underlying infrastructure and the associated management and maintenance. By using it, you can dramatically improve developer productivity.
- 1 Information about the new customer is posted to a web endpoint.
- 2 The customer’s photo is posted to Cognitive Services Face API. Face API associates the customer’s photo and name.
- 3 The customer information is recorded in Dynamics 365 or another CRM.
- 4 The information about a new customer is sent to PowerBI.
- 5 The customer information is added to the mailing list (MailChimp).
- 6 The solution creates a record of the member in SQL Database.
Kickstart your LOB applications solution with trusted Microsoft partners
Find and deploy pre-built LOB apps and solutions
Use Azure Active Directory to manage user access and enable single sign-on with SAP Cloud Platform.
Keep business digital by electronically signing or sending documents from SharePoint Online.
Get help building and launching your LOB applications solution
Avanade is a leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services and solutions, including complex Azure enterprise deployments.
HCL Technologies is a global strategic consulting partner for delivering enterprise cloud computing solutions on Azure.
Drive better, faster decision making by analysing your data for deeper insights
Backup and archive
Protect your data and applications no matter where they reside to avoid costly business interruptions
Business SaaS apps
Use business insights and intelligence from Azure to build software-as-a-service (SaaS) apps