General availability: Azure Hybrid Benefit for Linux with RI and VMSS Support
发布日期：四月 28, 2021
In November 2020 we launched Azure Hybrid Benefit functionality for Linux customers, allowing you to bring on-premises Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) subscriptions to Azure. Since the launch, over 8,000 Linux virtual machines have already been migrated to Azure using Azure Hybrid Benefit capabilities, significantly reducing the costs of running enterprise Linux workloads in Azure.
Today we are announcing Azure Hybrid Benefit for Linux, extending the ability to easily migrate RHEL and SLES servers to Azure beyond existing pay-as-you-go instances to include support for Azure Reserved Instance (RI) and virtual machine scale set (VMSS).
While previous Bring-Your-Own-Subscription cloud migration options available to Red Hat and SUSE customers allowed them to use their pre-existing RHEL and SLES subscriptions in the cloud, Azure Hybrid Benefit for Linux improves upon this with several capabilities unique to Azure making enterprise Linux cloud migration even easier than before:
- Applies to all Red Hat Enterprise Linux and SUSE Linux Enterprise Server pay-as-you-go images available in the Azure Marketplace or Azure Portal. No need to provide your own image.
- Save time with seamless post-deployment conversions—production redeployment is unnecessary. Simply convert the pay-as-you-go images used during your proof-of-concept testing to bring-your-own-subscription billing.
- Lower ongoing operational costs with automatic image maintenance, updates, and patches—Microsoft maintains the converted RHEL and SLES images for you.
- Enjoy the convenience of unified user interface integration with the Azure CLI, providing the same UI as other Azure virtual machines, as well as scalable batch conversions.
- Get co-located technical support from Azure, Red Hat, and SUSE with just one ticket.
- Combine with recently announced Red Hat and SUSE support for Azure shared disks to lift-and-shift failover clusters and parallel file systems—like Global File System.
- Fully compatible with Azure Arc, providing end-to-end hybrid cloud operations management for Windows, RHEL, and SLES servers in one solution.