Azure SQL enabled by Azure Arc generally available on July 30, 2021
发布日期：七月 14, 2021
Azure SQL enabled by Azure Arc will be generally available on July 30, 2021. This includes Arc-enabled SQL Managed Instance (originated from Azure SQL Managed Instance) as well as SQL Server on Arc-enabled servers (originated from SQL Server on Azure virtual machines). Azure Arc-enabled PostgreSQL Hyperscale remains in preview and will become generally available soon.
Azure Arc-enabled SQL Managed Instance, the PaaS offering from Azure SQL can run on any Kubernetes in customers own datacenters, at the edge, and in multi-cloud environments. Your benefits include:
- Stay current with automated updates and deploy evergreen feature and security updates to on-prem databases with no end-of-support.
- Automate routine database administrator (DBA) tasks at scale with built-in management capabilities including high availability, backup, and restore.
- Optimize data workload performance by bringing cloud elasticity on-premises for existing infrastructure, using only the resources needed to dynamically scale up or down, without application downtime.
- Run the service under all connectivity modes, i.e. with or without continuous and direct connection to Azure.
- Manage cost efficiently with a cloud billing model consistent with Azure.
SQL Server on Arc-enabled servers brings all the management benefits of Arc-enabled servers to your existing SQL Server running on virtual machines and physical servers anywhere. You get searchable inventory lists, enhanced security from Azure Defender, and can run SQL assessment for free.
With Azure Arc, we are truly changing the paradigm on how services for on-premises data workloads are delivered. You can expect continuous release of new capabilities from Azure SQL so you are always on the cutting edge for all your data footprint across the entire estate.
Get started with Azure hybrid data services.