A unified data governance solution that maximizes the business value of your data
Govern data across your entire data estate
Microsoft Purview is a unified data governance solution that helps you manage and govern your on-premises, multicloud, and software-as-a-service (SaaS) data. Easily create a holistic, up-to-date map of your data landscape with automated data discovery, sensitive data classification, and end-to-end data lineage. Enable data consumers to find valuable, trustworthy data.
Automated data discovery, lineage identification, and data classification
Unified map of your data assets and their relationships for more effective data governance
Glossary with business and technical search terms to aid data discovery
Insights into the location and movement of sensitive data across your entire data estate
Create a unified map of data across your entire data estate
Establish the foundation for effective data governance and usage with Microsoft Purview Data Map.
- Automate and manage metadata from hybrid sources.
- Classify data using built-in and customised classifiers and Microsoft Information Protection sensitivity labels.
- Label sensitive data consistently across SQL Server, Azure, Microsoft 365, and Power BI.
- Easily integrate all your data systems using Apache Atlas APIs.
Make data easily discoverable
Maximise the business value of data for your data consumers with Microsoft Purview Data Catalogue.
- Make data easily discoverable by using familiar business and technical search terms.
- Eliminate the need for Excel data dictionaries with an enterprise-grade business glossary.
- Understand the origin of your data with interactive data lineage visualisation.
- Provide data scientists, engineers, and analysts with the data they need for BI, analytics, AI, and machine learning.
Get a bird’s-eye view of sensitive data
Gain a comprehensive understanding of your data management activities with Microsoft Purview Data Insights (in preview).
- View your whole data estate and its distribution by asset dimensions such as source type, classification, and file size.
- Get status updates on how many scans succeeded, failed, or were cancelled.
- Gain key insights to add or redistribute glossary terms for better search results.
Comprehensive security and data compliance, built in
Microsoft invests more than USD 1 billion annually on cybersecurity research and development.
We employ more than 3,500 security experts dedicated to data security and privacy.
Azure has more certifications than any other cloud provider. View the comprehensive list.
Pay for only what you use
Microsoft Purview reduces costs in multiple ways. It helps reduce the need for manual and customised data discovery and classification and eliminates costs for maintaining personal systems and Excel-based solutions. Pay for only what you use. Plus, scan SQL Servers and Power BI tenants at no extra cost.
Get started with Microsoft Purview
If you don't have an Azure account, sign up free to get instant access and $200 credit.
Sign in to the Azure portal to create an Microsoft Purview account easily and quickly with this simple quickstart.
Go to the Knowledge Centre inside Microsoft Purview to discover videos and tutorials, and to take a tour of key features inside the Microsoft Purview Studio.
Microsoft Purview resources and documentation
Get started with learning resources
Join the conversationConnect with the Microsoft Purview tech community
Trusted by companies of all sizes
Dave Draffin, Azure Cloud and Data Architect, Heathrow Airport
"We've now got technical people and process change people intersecting with our data. It's this crossroad where Microsoft Purview helps our teams solve our biggest data challenges."
Thomas Asger Hansen, Senior Manager, Enterprise Data and AI, Grundfos
"With Microsoft Purview, we'll accelerate our ability to track and interpret a wide range of data, which we'll use to create solutions at scale that truly help improve the environment and people's lives."
Filipe Teixeira, Chief Information Officer, illimity
"We chose Microsoft Purview to help us achieve a higher level of business monitoring and react quickly. With it, we can accelerate how we process data and then make informed decisions as soon as possible."
Microsoft Purview updates, blogs, and announcements
Frequently asked questions about Microsoft Purview
Microsoft Purview is a fully managed, unified data governance solution to maximise the business value of data. The Microsoft Purview Data Map enables you to scan and classify data from on-premises and multicloud data sources. This hybrid data can then be effortlessly discovered by everyone using the Microsoft Purview Data Catalogue.
Please see the pricing page for additional details about the costs for Microsoft Purview.