Low-code application development on Azure
Build business applications faster with less code, and scale and extend those apps with Azure services.
Build production-ready applications in days
Build line-of-business apps faster with less code, and at a lower cost, by using Power Apps and Azure. Automate business processes with out-of-the-box connectors, built-in solutions for common use cases, and drag-and-drop simplicity. Use services such as Azure API Management and Azure Functions to scale and extend your apps and respond to changes more quickly.
- Expedite web and mobile front-end development and automate workflows with a drag-and-drop visual designer – no developer environment setup required.
- Easily leverage pre-built UX components and implement AI capabilities without machine learning knowledge.
- Store, standardise and secure different data types to build apps that work across data silos.
- Build apps once and deploy with a single click across iOS, Android, Windows and web.
- Reduce application development costs by 74 per cent by requiring less internal development, fewer professional services and lower vendor application purchase costs.
- Decrease the need for development and maintenance resources with ready-made solutions that include chatbots and geo-sensitive maps.
- Make enterprise resource planning (ERP) system extension more remunerative with low-code solutions and automations.
- Automate common build and deployment tasks for apps built on the Power Platform with Microsoft Power Platform Build Tools.
- Seamlessly protect and control applications running across Power Apps and Azure with Azure security services.
- Streamline app lifecycle management (ALM) via built-in support for continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) using GitHub Actions with the Power Platform connector (preview), and native integration to Azure Pipelines.
- Build custom functionalities that differentiate your low-code app with Azure services such as Azure Functions.
- Extend apps with customised, reusable components using built-in support for the CLI in Visual Studio Code.
- Hyperscale by default with low latency access to data augmented by the processing power of Azure.
- Use out-of-box connectors to incorporate 400 third-party data sources or legacy systems including SAP, ServiceNow and Salesforce.
Learn how to build line-of-business applications and automate business processes quickly and simply.
Accelerate front-end and business process development with a drag-and-drop visual designer.
Deploy portals that automate manual or paper-based processes and surface rich user experiences.
Modernise your legacy systems to support new processes and provide better user experiences.
Related products and services
Use a low-code platform to quickly build apps that seamlessly work with Azure services.
Enhance your apps and business processes with AI that is streamlined to build and configure in Power Apps.
Create and manage custom connectors, and help secure your app data or service.
Build solutions more efficiently, operate at scale in the cloud and integrate services using triggers and bindings.
Connect your business-critical apps and services by automating your workflows without writing a single line of code.
Take advantage of SQL cloud databases that provide flexible options for app migration, modernisation and development.
Incorporate single sign-on and multifactor authentication to manage and help secure your apps.
Seamlessly work with Azure API Management and GitHub to extend your web and mobile front ends.
Customers are doing great things with low code application development
Jared Simmons, Systems Analyst, Coca-Cola Bottling Company UNITED
"Once I learned about the data connectors and how they would work with our SQL database and our ERP system, everything just fell into place. The Power Apps console is incredibly easy to work with."
Ryan Battles, Financial Services Banking & Capital Markets Principal, EY
"We were able to go from prototype to production in just 12 weeks. That would not have been possible without Microsoft Power Platform."
Tijn Tacke, Blackmores Group Dynamics platform lead, Blackmores
"Our team treats Power Apps and Azure as one platform that we use to build our solutions… Our ability to extend Microsoft Power Platform with Azure gives us the confidence to use it for complex projects."
Dan Foster, Director of Digital Technology, G&J Pepsi Cola Bottlers Inc.
"We're amazed at how quickly we can put things together with Microsoft Power Platform. And we're in control of our own destiny using a low-code solution to create professional, user-first apps."
Christopher Hitt, Assistant Manager – Field Technical Operations, Toyota Motor North America
"With Power Apps we're able to go from surveying 5 percent of our dealers to surveying 100 percent of our dealers, which is a tremendous productivity gain."
The Total Economic Impact™ of Microsoft Power Platform and Azure for Corporate IT
Read this 2021 commissioned study, conducted by Forrester Consulting, to explore the financial gains a composite organisation with 10,000 employees can expect over three years.
Fusion development approach to building apps using Power Apps
The purpose of this guide is to summarize the way in which citizen and professional developers can work together, following a fusion development approach.
Exploring the possibilities of low code: How pro developers can cook up innovation
This e-book provides open-ended Power Apps scenarios to explore and quick design-thinking exercises for professional developers.
2020 Gartner Magic Quadrant for enterprise low-code application platforms
Gartner once again recognises Microsoft as a Magic Quadrant Leader in enterprise low-code application platforms.
LCAD Skilling Assets
Frequently asked questions
Virtual networks should not affect access to Power Apps. Power Apps is accessed on Internet-capable devices, with the option of offline access via the mobile application. As long as you can pull up a browser and sign in to your Power Apps account, you should be able to access your apps.
Monitor app performance and review app telemetry in the Power Platform Admin Center. Go to the Analytics tab for Microsoft Dataverse analytics to see statistics, troubleshoot workflows, view app telemetry and more. Learn more about Dataverse analytics, the Power Platform Admin Center and the monitor feature to improve app telemetry.
First, ensure that you have a licence for each user. The type of licence determines the assets and data that users can access. After users have licences, environments exist as containers for Power Apps. Employ environment controls to apply policies to govern at three levels: environment roles, resource permissions for Power Apps and Dataverse security roles. Learn more about Power Apps governance.
The API Management and Power Apps integration lets you use Azure Functions and API Management to create custom APIs for access to any Microsoft Cloud-hosted data sources. You can directly publish API Management-backed connectors to Power Apps for easy integration, reducing time to create apps. The GitHub integration enables you to create your own software development life cycle workflows, or use pre-configured templates, with GitHub Actions to develop, test and deliver Power Platform solutions.
Power Automate resides with the Office 365 suite providing an end-user focused experience to allow users to build flows without the complexity of development knowledge to achieve the goal they have in mind. Azure Logic Apps –resides in Azure and provides an option to use development knowledge to build workflow apps including all the benefits this brings such as DevOps, advanced security scenarios and integrate with related Azure resources.