Public Preview: Azure Container Storage Updates: Expanded regions and performance options
Publiseringsdato: 07 september, 2023
With Azure Container Storage in preview, you can easily use block storage volumes for production-scale stateful container applications on Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS). Azure Container Storage provides rapid scale out of volumes, reduced pod failover time, reduced total cost of ownership, and consistent access to local & remote storage.
Based on feedback from Azure customers, we have included the following capabilities in the preview update:
- Expansion to Brazil South, Canada Central, Canada East, Central India, Central US, East Asia, Japan East, Korea Central, North Central US, South Africa North, Switzerland North, UAE North, West Central US. West US, East US 2, South Central US, Southeast Asia, Australia East, North Europe, UK South, Sweden Central, and France Central in addition to East US, West Europe, West US 2, West US 3
- Simplified installation via script here with automated upgrade via Arc Extensions
- Storage pool support for additional Azure Disk types including Premium SSD v2, Standard SSD and Ultra Disk along with Premium SSD
- Scale up by resizing volumes backed by Azure Disk and NVMe storage pools
- Ability to clone volumes within a storage pool
To learn more, read the documentation.