Azure Front Door rules engine now generally available
Publiseringsdato: 24 juni, 2020
Rules engine enables you to customize how http requests are handled at the edge and have more control over their web application behavior. Previously, routing rules in Front Door allowed you to specify a pattern to match and either forward or redirect traffic from your frontend / domain to a specific backend pool. Use rules engine to create and associate a rule engine configuration to your routing rules, so you can customize what happens to the requests hitting your frontends.
Rules engine for Azure Front Door includes several key features and capabilities, including:
- Enforce HTTPS to ensure all your users interact with your content over a secure connection.
- The ability to implement security headers to prevent browser-based vulnerabilities, like HTTP Strict-Transport-Security (HSTS), X-XSS-Protection, Content-Security-Policy, X-Frame-Options, as well as Access-Control-Allow-Origin headers for CORS scenarios. Security-based attributes can also be defined with cookies.
- Route requests to the mobile or desktop version of your application based on the patterns in the contents of request headers, cookies, or query strings.
- Use redirect capabilities to return 301/302/307/308 redirects to the client to redirect to new hostnames, paths, or protocols.
- Dynamically modify the caching configuration of your route based on the incoming requests.
- Rewrite the request URL path and forward the request to the appropriate backend in your configured backend pool.