SR-IOV availability schedule on NCv3 Virtual Machines SKU
Published date: 17 October, 2019
As part of Azure’s ongoing commitment to providing industry-leading performance, we are enabling support for all MPI types and versions, and RDMA verbs for InfiniBand-equipped virtual machines, beginning with NCv3 coming in early November 2019.
The upgrade WILL INVOLVE SERVER DOWNTIME on a regional basis and, if you intend to utilise the InfiniBand network using MPI, this REQUIRES AN UPDATE TO YOUR VMs. Please read the following post for full details.
The current schedule for the updates is as follows:
- 19 November 2019 - US South Central - 14:00-17:00 PST
- 20 November 2019 - US East - 14:00-17:00 PST
- 21 November 2019 - Canada Central; UK South - 12:00-15:00 PST
- 22 November 2019 - West US 2 - 15:00-17:00 PST
- 23 November 2019 - West Europe; Japan East - 12:00-15:00 PST
- 25 November 2019 - Australia East; Korea Central; Asia Southeast - 12:00-15:00 PST
- Early 2020 (Exact dates TBD) - India Central, China North, China North 2