Innovate anywhere with Azure
Azure Arc is a bridge that extends the Azure platform to help you build applications and services with the flexibility to run across datacenters, at the edge, and in multicloud environments. Develop cloud-native applications with a consistent development, operations, and security model. Azure Arc runs on both new and existing hardware, virtualization and Kubernetes platforms, IoT devices, and integrated systems. Do more with less by leveraging your existing investments to modernize with cloud-native solutions.
Consistent development and operation experience to run cloud-native apps anywhere and on any Kubernetes platform.
Deployment of data services like SQL and PostgreSQL as cloud-native services in your preferred environment for data insights.
Azure security and governance for applications, data, and infrastructure across diverse environments.
Flexible infrastructure and connectivity options to meet your regulatory and latency requirements.
Develop cloud-native apps and operate them anywhere
- Build and modernize cloud-native apps on any Kubernetes.
- Integrate Azure monitoring, security, and compliance into your DevOps toolkit.
- Reduce errors and accelerate innovation with GitOps and policy-driven deployment and configuration across environments.
- Get up and running immediately with your existing tools and practices including GitHub, Terraform, and Visual Studio.
- Write to the same application service APIs that can run consistently on premises, across multiple clouds, and in edge environments using any Kubernetes.
- Optimize costs with Azure Hybrid Benefit to run Azure Kubernetes Service on Windows Server and Azure Stack HCI at no additional cost for Windows Server Software Assurance or CSP subscription customers.
Harness data insights from the cloud to the edge
- Create applications faster with an end-to-end solution from local data collection, storage, and real-time analysis.
- Reduce management overhead and risk exposure through integrated security and governance tools for data.
- Improve operational efficiency through consistent data and AI tools, services, and automations.
- Deploy Azure Arc–enabled Azure SQL and PostgreSQL Hyperscale (in preview) on any Kubernetes distribution and on any cloud.
- Get started in minutes with one-click deployment of the managed machine learning add-on, and train models on any Kubernetes cluster with Azure Machine Learning.
Secure and govern applications, data, and infrastructure across diverse environments
- Use cloud-based threat detection, response, and analytics with Microsoft Defender for Cloud.
- Centrally manage a wide range of resources including Windows Server on Azure, Linux on Azure, SQL server, Azure Kubernetes Service, and Azure Arc-enabled data services.
- Perform virtual machine (VM) lifecycle management for your Azure Stack HCI and VMware environments from a centralized location.
- Delegate access and manage security policies for resources using role-based access control (RBAC) and Azure Lighthouse.
- Govern your disparate environments through the Azure portal to simplify multicloud management and drive operational efficiencies.
Meet regulatory and connectivity needs with flexibility
- Meet residency and sovereignty needs with a variety of infrastructure options including Azure Stack HCI.
- Meet governance and compliance standards for apps, infrastructure, and data with Azure Policy.
- Get simplified edge computing infrastructure for low-latency applications.
- Operate with full, intermittent, or no internet connection.
Azure Arc-enabled services
Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS)
Azure Arc-enabled infrastructure
Use Linux and Windows virtual machines (VMs), bare-metal servers, and other clouds with the same server management experience across environments. With built-in Azure policies for servers, you're able to view and search for noncompliant servers.
Learn more about Azure Arc-enabled servers.
Learn more about Azure Arc-enabled Kubernetes.
Extend your datacenter to the cloud and deploy compute resources as well as cloud-native apps at your remote locations and manage them in the Azure portal. Choose from more than 25 hardware-validated partners, or re-use hardware that meets validation requirements.
Learn more about Azure Stack HCI.
Configure and manage your datacenter components as a single fabric in Virtual Machine Manager (VMM). Add, provision, and manage Hyper-V and VMware virtualization hosts and clusters. Discover, classify, provision, allocate, and assign local and remote storage. Use VMM fabric to create and deploy VMs and services on virtualization hosts.
Learn more about System Center Virtual Machine Manager.
Comprehensive security and compliance, built in
Microsoft invests more than USD1 billion annually on cybersecurity research and development.
We employ more than 3,500 security experts who are dedicated to data security and privacy.
Azure Arc pricing
Azure Arc is offered at no additional cost for managing Azure Arc–enabled servers and Azure Arc–enabled Kubernetes, though there are charges for add-on Azure management services. Azure Arc–enabled SQL Managed Instance is generally available for an additional cost. Additional data and application services are in preview and currently offered at no additional cost.
Get started with an Azure free account
Start free. Get USD200 credit to use within 30 days. While you have your credit, get free amounts of many of our most popular services, plus free amounts of 55+ other services that are always free.
After your credit, move to pay as you go to keep building with the same free services. Pay only if you use more than your free monthly amounts.
After 12 months, you'll keep getting 55+ always-free services—and still pay only for what you use beyond your free monthly amounts.
See what customers are doing with Azure Arc
"Azure Arc supports us by freeing up our time from the day-to-day activities of the technical team and focusing on the customer value-add activities. It helps us to make sure that services are always on at the right time for the customer."
Scott Clennell, Head of Infrastructure and Networks, Greggs
"We needed workload contingency plans, like the ability to move a workload running in an Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) cluster... but we needed something that could help us turn those into an enterprise-level service. That's where Azure Arc came in."
Nuno Guedes, Cloud Compute Lead, Millennium bcp
Shane Newmyer, Vice President of Enterprise Applications, Wolverine Worldwide
Benny Westaedt, Chief Information Officer, Van Havermaet
Dimitris Stathopoulos, Digital Security Officer, Steelmet
Vinh Tran, Head of Cloud Engineering, Royal Bank of Canada (RBC)
Azure Arc resources
Documentation and resources
Training and certification
Frequently asked questions about Azure Arc
Azure Arc–enabled Kubernetes delivers configuration management and application deployment from Azure using GitOps. Take a tutorial.
Azure Arc supports servers running anywhere—on premises and in any cloud. These include Windows and Linux, physical and virtual, domain-joined, and nondomain-joined servers. See a list of supported Windows versions and Linux distributions. Learn more about Azure Arc–enabled servers.
Azure Stack HCI is a software solution that is hosted on validated hardware to give customers the ability to extend Azure to their on-premises environment.