Service Bus Explorer on the Azure portal is now available in preview
Published date: 26 May, 2020
The Service Bus Explorer tool on the Azure portal is now available in preview.
Azure Service Bus, like most other PaaS offerings, has two sets of operations that can be performed against it:
- Management operations such as CRUD (create, read, update and delete) on Service Bus namespaces, queues, topics, subscriptions and filters.
- Data operations such as send, receive and peek on queues, topics and subscriptions.
While management operations have always been available via the portal, our customers have used tools such as the community managed Service Bus Explorer OSS tool for the data operations. In a quest to reduce dependence on different tools needed to provision, manage and test the Service Bus namespace, we’ve built support for the data operations functionality directly into the portal.
To access this tool, select the namespace and the specific queue or topic within that namespace that you’d like to send and receive messages from. Once there, select Service Bus Explorer (preview) from the left menu navigation pane.
We currently support the following operations:
- ‘Send’ to a queue
- ‘Receive’ from a queue. This is a destructive receive (aka ReceiveAndDelete mode).
- ‘Peek’ from a queue. Up to 32 messages can be peeked at a time.
- ‘Receive’ from DeadLetterQueue. You can also receive from the deadletter sub-queue of the queue.
- ‘Peek’ from the DeadLetterQueue. You can also peek from the deadletter sub-queue of the queue.
- ‘Send’ to a topic.
- ‘Peek’ from a subscription on a topic. You can peek up to 32 messages at a time.
- ‘Receive’ from a subscription. This is a destructive receive (just like in queues).
- ‘Peek’ from the DeadLetter subscription. You can also peek messages from the deadletter sub-entity of the subscription.
- ‘Receive’ from the DeadLetter subscription. You can also receive messages from the deadletter sub-entity of the subscription.
To learn more about the Service Bus Explorer tool, please read the documentation.