General availability: Transition to Cloud Services (extended support) with new migration tool
Published date: 07 July, 2021
The new in-place migration tool provides seamless and platform-orchestrated migration of existing Cloud Services (classic) deployments to Cloud Services (extended support) for most scenarios. Learn more about supported scenarios.
- The migration is fully orchestrated by Azure and moves the entire deployment with all its associated resources to Azure Resource Manager (ARM).
- Migrates existing cloud services in three simple steps: validate, prepare, commit (or abort). Learn more about how the migration tool works.
- Provides the ability to test migrated deployment using Azure Resource Manager before finalising migration. Commit operation finalises the migration while abort operation rolls back the migration.
- Existing deployments and related deployment files can be reused with minor changes.
- Retains Cloud Services IP Address and domain name system (DNS) label as part of migration.