Preview: Azure SDK for Go 12.0.0
Posted on 21 December 2017
Preview version 12.0.0-beta of the Azure SDK for Go is now available to help you use Azure services from Go applications. To get it, run
go get -u github.com/Azure/azure-sdk-for-go/..., or use our newly-introduced support for dep and add the following lines to your Gopkg.toml:
name = "github.com/Azure/azure-sdk-for-go"
version = "12.0.0-beta"
Changes in this version include:
- Long-running (asynchronous) operations now return a future-like construct that can be used to poll for operation completion. Previously, such operations returned channels and polling was handled internally by the library.
- Support for API versions and profiles added. Use the
profiles/...paths in import statements to choose specific versions and avoid unexpected breaking changes. See our wiki for more info.
- Support for context added. Library methods now all expect a Context struct as their first parameter.
- Support for dep added and for glide removed.
- API for iterating over pageable results simplified.
- New services added:
- Azure Cosmos DB via MongoDB API
- Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS)
- Microsoft Cognitive Services: Custom Search, Entity Search, Image Search, News Search, Video Search, Web Search, and Spell Check