Azure Maps Weather Services are now generally available
Published date: 12 April, 2021
Weather Services use data from leading worldwide weather service provider, AccuWeather. From mission-critical enterprise applications to business-to-consumer-facing experiences, Weather Services offer a reliable and easy way to bring globally available weather content to your users.
- Weather tile API: Radar and infrared raster weather tiles formatted to be integrated into the Azure Maps SDKs.
- Current conditions: Detailed current weather conditions such as precipitation, temperature and wind for a given coordinate location.
- Minute forecast: Minute-by-minute forecasts for a given location.
- Hourly forecast: Detailed weather forecast by the hour.
- Quarter-day forecast: Detailed weather forecast by quarter-day.
- Daily forecast: Detailed weather forecast such as temperature, humidity, wind by day.
- Daily indices: Daily weather condition indices for specific outdoor activities for next 5, 10 and 15 days starting from current day.
- Severe weather alerts: Severe weather alerts that are available worldwide from both official government meteorological agencies and leading global to regional weather alert providers.
- Weather along route: Hyperlocal, up-to-the-minute weather nowcasts, weather hazard assessments and notifications along a route described as a sequence of waypoints.