Azure Digital Twins is now in preview
Published date: 24 September, 2018
Azure Digital Twins is now available in preview. Digital Twins is a cloud, AI and IoT platform that uniquely enables customers and partners to create a comprehensive digital model of the physical environment that includes people, places and things, as well as the relationships and processes that bind them. Create a digital twin of a physical environment by virtually replicating the relationships between people, places and devices to analyse how space is used and optimise it to better serve peoples’ needs. Azure Digital Twins accelerates the time to value of spatial intelligent solutions and reduces development complexity and costs.
Digital Twins includes the following capabilities:
- Spatial intelligence graph – This is an actual virtual representation of a physical environment that models the relationships among people, places and devices. This digital twin generates insights that allow organisations to build solutions that can improve energy efficiency, space utilisation, occupant experience and more. This includes blob storage – the ability to attach and store maps, documents, manuals, pictures and other files as metadata to the spaces, people and devices represented in the graph.
- Twin object models – The service also offers predefined schema and device protocols that align to a solution’s domain-specific needs to accelerate and simplify their creation.
- Advanced compute through user-defined functions – Customise functions that send notifications or actions to endpoints based on incoming telemetry messages.
- Built-in role-based access control (RBAC) and Azure Active Directory – Securely control access and the ability to perform specific actions within a space.
- Multitenancy and nested tenancy – Build solutions that scale and securely replicate across multiple tenants and subtenants by taking advantage of built-in multitenancy and nested-tenancy capabilities to ensure that data is isolated.
Combined, these capabilities enable our partners to focus on driving results for their end customers by delivering advanced relational modelling while also addressing critical needs for privacy, security and the ability to scale globally.