Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) pricing Preview
Simplify the deployment, management and operations of Kubernetes
Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS)
Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) is a free container service that simplifies the deployment, management and operations of Kubernetes as a fully managed Kubernetes container orchestrator service. Paying for only the virtual machines and the associated storage and networking resources consumed makes AKS the most efficient and cost-effective container service on the market.
Free Cluster Management
There is no charge for cluster management.
Pricing for nodes – only pay for what you use
Only pay for the virtual machines instances, storage and networking resources consumed by your Kubernetes cluster. To estimate the cost of the required resources please see the Container Services calculator.
IP address options
Every Azure Cloud service containing one or more Azure Virtual Machines is automatically assigned a free dynamic virtual IP (VIP) address. For an additional charge, you can also get:
- Instance-level public IP addresses – A dynamic public IP address (PIP) that is assigned to a virtual machine for direct access.
- Reserved IP addresses – A public IP address that can be reserved for your subscription, which can be used as a VIP address for any cloud service in the region.
- Load-balanced IP addresses – Additional load-balanced VIP addresses that can be assigned to an Azure Cloud Service containing one or more Azure Virtual Machines.
Support and SLA
- Free billing and subscription management support
- Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) is a free service, therefore it does not have a financially backed SLA. However, for the availability of underlying virtual machines, the Virtual Machine SLA applies. See the Virtual Machines SLA for more details.
Estimate your monthly costs for Azure services
Review Azure pricing frequently asked questions
Learn more about Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS)
Review technical tutorials, videos and more resources