Application Gateway pricing
Build highly scalable websites with HTTP load balancing and delivery control
US government entities are eligible to purchase Azure Government services from a licensing solution provider with no upfront financial commitment or directly through a pay-as-you-go online subscription.
Important: The price in R$ is merely a reference; this is an international transaction and the final price is subject to exchange rates and the inclusion of IOF taxes. An eNF will not be issued.
Azure Germany is available to customers and partners who have already purchased this, doing business in the European Union (EU), the European Free Trade Association (EFTA) and in the United Kingdom (UK). It provides data residency in Germany with additional levels of control and data protection. You can also sign up for a free Azure trial.
We charge for the application gateways based on the amount of time that the gateway is provisioned and available, as well as the amount of data processed by the application gateways.
|Application Gateway Type||Basic Application Gateway||Web Application Firewall Application Gateway|
|Small||$- per gateway hour (~$-/month)||Not available|
|Medium||$- per gateway hour (~$-/month)||$- per gateway hour (~$-/month) ***|
|Large||$- per gateway hour (~$-/month)||$- per gateway hour (~$-/month) ***|
For technical specifications and limitations regarding the different application gateways, please refer to this overview.
Data processing charge is based on the amount of data processed by the application gateways.
|First 10 TB/month||$- per GB||Free||Free|
Next 30 TB
|$- per GB||$- per GB||Free|
|Over 40 TB/month||$- per GB||$- per GB||$- per GB|
Inbound data transfers
(i.e. data going into Azure data centres) – Free
Outbound data transfers
(i.e. data going out of Azure data centres from application gateways) – Data transferred out of Azure data centres from the application gateways will be charged at standard data transfer rates.
Application Gateway autoscaling
Azure Application Gateway Standard_v2 and WAF_v2 offer additional support for autoscaling, zone redundancy, static VIP. These gateways also offer enhanced performance, better provisioning and configuration update time. Please refer to documentation for additional product detail, as well as the FAQ section below for pricing and billing information.
|Application Gateways||Web Application Firewall Application Gateway|
|Gateway||$- per gateway hour||$- per gateway hour|
|LCU2||$- per gateway hour||$- per gateway hour|
Support and SLA
- We provide technical support for all Azure services released to general availability, including Application Gateway, through Azure Support, starting at $29/month. Billing and subscription management support is provided at no cost.
- We guarantee that each Application Gateway service having two or more medium or larger instances will be available at least 99.95% of the time. We do not provide an SLA for Application Gateway services with only one instance or with small instances. Learn more about our SLA.
Yes, a partial hour is billed as a full hour.
No, the small application gateway size is offered primarily for DEV/TEST purposes. Running production workloads on small application gateways may overload the processing capacity of the small instances. Application Gateway supports deployment with one or more instances within the same cloud service. Running an Application Gateway cloud service with only one instance is not recommended due to the lack of high availability.
LCU – Load Balancer Consumption Unit
An LCU measures the dimensions on which the Application Load Balancer processes traffic (averaged over an hour). The four dimensions measured are:
- Bandwidth: The amount of traffic processed by the load balancer in Mbps.
- Active connections: Number of active connections per minute.
- New connections: Number of newly established connections per second. Typically, many requests are sent per connection.
- WAF rule evaluations: It is the product of number of rules processed by load balancer and the request rate. The first X processed rules are free (Rule evaluations = Request rate * (Number of rules processed - X free rules)).
For more information on LCU, please refer to our documentation page.
Estimate your monthly costs for Azure services
Review Azure pricing frequently asked questions
Learn more about Application Gateway
Review technical tutorials, videos and more resources