New Azure Virtual Desktop features to answer our customers’ top needs
Tanggal dipublikasikan: 27 April, 2023
It’s an exciting time for Azure Virtual Desktop as we continue to deliver new enhancements based on customer requests. We are pleased to share some of the new capabilities recently released that improve storage, enhance configuration, deliver exceptional endpoint security, and more.
- FSLogix profiles for Azure AD-joined VMs in Azure Virtual Desktop—now in general availability— you can seamlessly access file shares from Azure AD-joined virtual machines (VMs) for Users that are synchronized from Active Directory and use them to store your FSLogix profile containers.
- FSLogix 2210for Azure Virtual Desktop (and the recommended hotfix) is now generally available, VHD Disk Compaction allows the employee’s container to shrink during the sign-out phase, which reduces the amount of consumed storage for an employee’s profile.
- Azure Virtual Desktop Insights at scale—in general availability— allows for reporting of key information across resources in one view, including the ability to view and correlate diagnostic and connection information across multiple host pools and subscriptions.
- RDP Shortpath for public networks using the Simple Traversal Underneath NAT (STUN) protocol, now generally available. RDP Shortpath improves the transport reliability of Azure Virtual Desktop connections over public networks by establishing a direct UDP-based data flow between the remote desktop client and session hosts. Now the connection will first be established with UDP, then fallback to TCP if a UDP connection cannot be established. The outbound traffic goes directly between the session host and client over the Internet.
- Symmetric NAT support for RDP Shortpath on Azure Virtual Desktop using the Traversal Using Relays around NAT (TURN) protocol, now in public preview. This feature is an extension of RDP Shortpath and establishes a UDP connection indirectly using relay with the popular TURN protocol for symmetric NAT.
- Watermarking on Azure Virtual Desktop, in public preview, helps prevent the capture of sensitive information on client endpoints by enabling watermarks to appear as part of remote desktops.
- Private Link for Azure Virtual Desktop, in public preview, enables access to session hosts and workspaces over a private endpoint in their virtual network.
- With Microsoft Teams application window sharing, now generally available, users can choose a specific window to share from their desktop screen.
Learn about these new features and more at: aka.ms/AVDnewfeaturesblog