Application Change Analysis for Azure Monitor is now in public preview
Tanggal dipublikasikan: 28 Mei, 2019
It is often a lengthy process to figure out what changes caused issues as multiple teams could be involved.
Integrated with App Service Diagnostics' Diagnose and solve problems, Azure Monitor's API provides a centralized view of changes for a web app. Leveraging Azure Resource Graph, we aim to accelerate the troubleshooting process by showing why things broke.
The tool detects the following changes:
- Resource Manager changes (i.e. IP configuration rule was changed)
- Web App configuration setting changes (i.e. connection string was changed)
- Web App deployment file changes (i.e. a .dll file was changed, appsettings.json file was changed, and so on)
Here is an example how the tool can help quickly resolving issues:
Customer reported the web application is suddenly not working. As the developer I want to see what has changed. Here are the steps:
- Go to Web App Diagnose and solve problems.
- Choose Application Changes or Application Crashes detector.
Follow instructions at Application Change Analysis (public preview) before proceeding to step 3.
- (Optional) Scan for the latest changes.
Note that the tool takes a snapshot every 4 hours. If you want to view the latest changes, use ‘Scan changes now’ button.
- View changes. Click on the latest changes on the graph. We see IP restriction rules were changed.
- To fix the problem, firstly find out why the IP range was blocked by looking at ‘Initiated By’ field and ask the right contact. Then take appropriate steps resolving the issue.
- Enable Change Analysis service: Application Change Analysis (public preview)
- How to use Diagnose and solve problems tool: App Services Diagnostics Overview - Change Analysis
- For questions or feedback, please contact: email@example.com