2 min read
Today, I am thrilled to announce Azure Storage Day, a free digital event on April 29, 2021, where you can explore cloud storage solutions for all your enterprise workloads. Join me to:
- Watch demos of the latest innovations from Azure Storage and see how customers are using them.
- Get help understanding how to map Azure Storage services to your enterprise workloads.
- Connect with Microsoft product experts to get answers to your storage questions.
This digital event is your opportunity to engage with the cloud storage community, see Azure Storage solutions in action, and discover how to build a foundation for all of your enterprise workloads at every stage of your digital transformation.
The need for reliable cloud storage has never been greater. More companies are investing in digital transformation to become more resilient and agile in order to better serve their customers. The rapid pace of digital transformation has resulted in exponential data growth, driving up demand for dependable and scalable cloud data storage services.
We’ve designed Azure Storage to provide highly scalable, secure, and cost-effective cloud storage services for all of your business apps—including SAP, databases, web apps, HPC, analytics, internet of things (IoT), and artificial intelligence (AI). With these storage solutions, you get the foundational infrastructure, enterprise-level processing capabilities, and low latency that you need to run, manage, and help secure your workloads in the cloud.
It’s exciting to see so many leading customers using Azure Storage services today for their enterprise workloads. Some of the ways that customers are using Azure Storage include:
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA), a major global pharmacy and healthcare retail provider, migrated their massive SAP landscape—an estimated 100 terabytes (TB)—to Azure with Azure Disk Storage and Azure NetApp Files. WBA gained the high performance and storage capacity it needed for its mission-critical SAP HANA database infrastructure.
- Ferguson Enterprises, the largest supplier of plumbing and HVAC equipment and services in the United States, moved over 14,000 employees to remote work in a single weekend, with Windows Virtual Desktop running on Azure NetApp Files.
- Luxury vehicle designer Audi AG accelerated their innovation in autonomous driving by building a powerful, 200-petabyte, scalable simulation environment on Azure Blob Storage.
- Japanese multinational video game developer SEGA launched its popular multiplayer online role-playing game outside of Japan for the first time using Azure Ultra Disk Storage. With this storage solution, SEGA gained the high performance and scalability it needed to ensure a seamless playing experience
- Marks & Spencer, a leading British retailer, turned huge quantities of analytics into insights when it moved its data to Azure Data Lake Storage—this move centralized Mark’s & Spencer’s data storage and aligned with every team’s data needs.
- Net-Inspect, a leading supply chain and quality management software provider, connects 26,000 suppliers in 60 countries with web apps built quickly and seamlessly on Azure Blob Storage.
Azure Storage also has a rich ecosystem of backup and disaster recovery partners that integrate with native platforms so that customers can extend their on-premises backup and recovery capabilities to Azure. Trusted partners like Commvault, Rubrik, Veritas, Veeam, and Zerto provide simple and cost-effective off-site backups and disaster recovery replication sites using Azure Blob Storage—allowing for quick restoration of your mission-critical data to Azure regardless of where it resides. Our partners have trusted us to help protect hundreds of petabytes of their customer data on Azure.
I can’t wait to share these customer stories and much more at Azure Storage Day—register now. If you want to try out some of the cloud storage services that will be featured at the digital event, sign up for an Azure free account.
Hope to see you there.