Microsoft FastTrack for Azure
Build and deploy Azure solutions quickly and confidently with personalised help from Azure engineers.
Key benefits of FastTrack for Azure
Direct assistance from Azure engineers.
Access to tools and real customer experiences.
Collaboration with your in-house resources and partners.
A typical FastTrack for Azure engagement includes:
- Help defining your business vision and goals and assessing your architectural needs.
- Best practices, design principles and tools to help you build, test and deploy Azure solutions.
- Periodic check-ins to ensure that your deployment is on track and to help remove blockers.
- Matching you with skilled partners for deployment services on request.
FastTrack for Azure is available in English in the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and Western Europe.
A few words from those already enjoying the benefits of FastTrack for Azure
"Because of programs like FastTrack for Azure, we feel very confident that we can grow our business two- to threefold over the next two or three years."
"The FastTrack program helped us learned how we could approach our migration from an on-prem solution to a cloud solution, it enabled us to better map our strategy for what we would migrate and what tools we could use directly from Azure."
Eligible customers must:
Have an identified, FastTrack-supported Azure project expected to incrementally consume at least USD 5,000 per month (or equivalent in local currency) within 12 months.
Be located in the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom or Western Europe.
Have an active paid Azure subscription.
Intend to deploy the Azure project in the near term.
FastTrack for Azure supported solutions
- Data centre migration
- Windows Server on Azure
- SAP on Azure
- Business continuity and disaster recovery
- High-performance computing*
- Cloud-native apps
- App modernisation
- Linux on Azure*
- Cloud-scale analytics**
- Intelligent apps
- Intelligent agents**
- Data modernisation
- Security and management
- Globally distributed data
*In preview in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom and Western Europe
**In preview in the United Kingdom and Western Europe
Available in early 2019:
PartnersNominate your customers here
FastTrack for Azure FAQs
FastTrack is available to eligible Azure customers in the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and Western Europe. Within Western Europe, it’s only available in English in Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Nordics, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.
To qualify for FastTrack for Azure, you must meet all of these criteria:
- Have an identified, FastTrack-supported Azure project expected to incrementally consume at least USD 5,000 per month (or equivalent in local currency) within 12 months.
- Be located in one of the countries/regions where FastTrack for Azure is available.
- Have an active paid Azure subscription.
- Not be directly supported by a Microsoft Cloud Solution Architect.
- Intend to deploy the Azure project in the near term.
Note: An identified project supported by FastTrack for Azure is a defined workload with specific intent. If you have a Microsoft Cloud Solution Architect, additional approval is required. Contact your Microsoft account team for details.
The length of engagement varies depending on your needs – there’s no set time limit.
Eligible customers may engage FastTrack resources for one or more of the supported Azure solutions.
No. FastTrack for Azure is an investment from Microsoft to help customers develop and deploy Azure services and solutions.
The main phases of a typical FastTrack for Azure engagement are:
- Discovery. We’ll work with you to identify key stakeholders, understand the goal or vision of the Azure solution and assess the architectural needs.
- Solution enablement. You’ll learn design principles for building applications, review the architecture of applications and solutions, and receive guidance on best practices and tools to go from proof of concept to production.
- Continuous partnership. Azure engineers or programme managers will check in periodically to ensure that your deployment is on track and to help remove blockers for your in-house resources or Azure partner.
No. FastTrack for Azure is an advisory service, and the engineers provide guidance for Azure solution deployment by the in-house resources or partner.
No. FastTrack for Azure engagement is typically delivered remotely.
No. The engineers provide sample code and templates and guide the development of the solution, but they don’t write code or scripts for customers or provide architectural deliverables.
Yes. FastTrack for Azure is available to eligible customers in both the Azure commercial cloud and the Azure Government cloud.
If you’re working with a third-party partner, Microsoft Enterprise Services or Microsoft Premier Support, the FastTrack team will engage with you and the other party to ensure that you both have the resources you need to successfully deploy Azure solutions. If you’re not working with a partner, the FastTrack team will connect you with one on request.
No. While all Microsoft FastTrack programmes help customers get to the cloud with confidence, FastTrack for Azure and Office 365 have different engagement models and triggers for consideration. FastTrack for Azure is staffed by full-time Azure engineering employees, is nomination-based and has eligibility criteria.