Azure Migration Programme
Accelerate your journey to the cloud with step-by-step guidance for migrating to Azure
What is the Azure Migration Programme?
Backed by Azure engineering
Specialised migration partners
Offers and discounts
Free migration tools
- Curated, step-by-step guidance from Microsoft experts and specialized migration partners based on the proven Microsoft Cloud Adoption Framework for Azure.
- Technical skill building with foundational and role-specific courses to develop new Azure skills and long-term organisational readiness.
- Free Azure migration tools, including Azure Migrate to assess and migrate workloads, and free Azure Cost Management to optimise costs.
- Offers to reduce migration costs, including Azure Hybrid Benefit and free Extended Security Updates for Windows Server and SQL Server 2008.
The Azure Migration Programme provides prescriptive advice and tools that customers need to simplify and accelerate their moves to the cloud – from start to finish. Customers work hand in hand with Microsoft experts and specialised migration partners, following best practices and using proven cloud adoption methodologies, tools and resources.
Migrate with guidance from Microsoft
Hear Julia White, Corporate Vice President of Azure Marketing, and Corey Sanders, Corporate Vice President of Microsoft Solutions, discuss how Azure is helping customers migrate to the cloud with this exciting new programme.
The Azure Migration Programme approach
Submit a form to tell us about your migration project. We’ll get back to you with the right combination of resources for your needs.
Migrate to Azure
We’ll help you assess your workloads and migrate them to Azure by using some or all of the following:
- Best practices and guidance
- Technical skill building
- Cloud foundation setup
- Assessment and migration services
Maximise your ROI
Once you’ve moved to Azure, we’ll provide resources for you to optimise your costs and to secure and govern your environment, with the goals of achieving long-term success in the cloud and maximising your ROI.
Get started with your migration project
Begin your migration journey by submitting an application to join the program. Organizations of all sizes can apply to get help on their migration projects. Complete the form to get started.
"The migration to the cloud was more about the mindset in the organization and that transformation we needed to do in IT to become the driver of change in the company instead of maintaining the old. A big part of the migration was to reinvent the digital for the company."Mark Dajani, CIO, Carlsberg Group
"For our cloud journey, we were looking to engage in an emphatic relationship…and Microsoft was the only partner who was prepared to walk side by side with us."Ben Williams, CIO, Devon Energy
"The Azure Migration Program is a great accelerant to our customers’ initial step into the cloud. It lets us get those initial workloads and VMs migrated and demonstrate how this new operating model is going to work. Then, we can work to get the rest of their organization aligned around that new model and begin to onboard more and more workloads."Alex Brown, CEO, 10th Magnitude
Azure Migration Programme FAQs
What are the benefits of the Azure Migration Programme?
The Azure Migration Programme helps accelerate your journey to the cloud by providing the following benefits:
- Best practice resources and guidance
- Technical skill building
- Azure engineering support
- Specialised migration partners
- Migration tools
- Offers for reducing migration costs
Which geographic regions are supported?
The Azure Migration Programme is available to all Azure customers. The programme offers direct assistance to customers in the following supported geographic areas: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom and the United States. Expansion to other regions is being planned and will be announced closer to the launch dates.
Am I eligible to join the Azure Migration Programme?
The Azure Migration Programme is available to all Azure customers through self-nomination, or nomination on a customer’s behalf from a partner or Microsoft account team.
How do I join the Azure Migration Programme?
- Contact us: Start by submitting a simple form telling us about your migration project.
- Find out more: After you submit the form, a Microsoft team will assemble a mix of resources and advise you on the next steps.
- Migrate and maximise your ROI: We will help you to assess and migrate your environment. In addition, we’ll provide you with resources to optimise your costs and secure your environment for ongoing success with Azure.
How much does the Azure Migration Programme cost?
There’s no additional cost for the Azure Migration Programme for Azure customers.
How does the Azure Migration Programme work with partners?
We believe that every customer can benefit from using Azure and should engage with a migration partner on this journey. We will either provide you resources directly or help by matching you with a partner if you don’t already have one.