Public preview: JSON in Azure SQL Database
Published date: 30 March, 2016
JSON functionalities are available in Azure SQL Database V12 (preview). You can use new JSON functionalities to integrate Azure SQL Database with other services that exchange data in the JSON format. With the new JSON functionalities, you can:
- Read data from JSON text by using JSON_VALUE/JSON_QUERY functions.
- Modify JSON text by using the JSON_MODIFY function.
- Transform JSON text into a relational format by using the OPENJSON function - OPENJSON function requires database COMPATIBILITY_LEVEL = 130!
- Easily query or import JSON data into tables.
- Query relational and JSON data stored in any relational table.