Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) pricing
Simplify the deployment, management and operations of Kubernetes
Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS)
Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) is a free container service that simplifies the deployment, management and operations of Kubernetes as a fully managed Kubernetes container orchestrator service. Paying for only the virtual machines and associated storage and networking resources consumed makes AKS the most efficient and cost-effective container service on the market.
Free Cluster Management
There is no charge for cluster management.
Pricing for nodes - only pay for what you use
Only pay for the virtual machines instances, storage and networking resources consumed by your Kubernetes cluster. To estimate the cost of the required resources please see the Container Services calculator.
IP address options
Every Azure Cloud service containing one or more Azure Virtual Machines is automatically assigned a free dynamic virtual IP (VIP) address. For an additional charge, you can also get:
- Instance-level public IP addresses—A dynamic public IP address (PIP) that is assigned to a virtual machine for direct access.
- Reserved IP addresses—A public IP address that can be reserved and used as a VIP address.
- Load-balanced IP addresses—Additional load-balanced VIP addresses that can be assigned to an Azure Cloud Service containing one or more Azure Virtual Machines.
Support & SLA
- Free billing and subscription management support
- As a free service, AKS does not offer a financially-backed service level agreement. We will strive to attain at least 99.5% availability for the Kubernetes API server. The availability of the agent nodes in your cluster is covered by the Virtual Machines SLA. Please see the Virtual Machines SLA for more details.
Estimate your monthly costs for Azure services
Review Azure pricing frequently asked questions
Learn more about Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS)
Review technical tutorials, videos, and more resources